Do I look pregnant or do I look fat?

One day last week, Leo and I were enjoying our usual morning stroll during the coolest part of the day. Across the street, a group of four construction workers were waiting outside a house for the project manager. Below is what I heard them say. Keep in mind, it could have been my stuffed up ears, it could have been my paranoid pregnant self, or this conversation really could have happened. Either way, I swear this is what I heard:


Overweight, older worker in white t-shirt: "Does that girl look pregnant?"

Other workers: Grunts and nods

Same guy: "Someone needs to tell her to walk that dog more often."

Really? Did I really just hear him say that? It is almost too ridiculous. I must have made it up in my overactive imagination. I know he said something while looking in my direction, and I must just be paranoid enough to think it was about me and my growing belly. I puzzled over it all morning.

It was wierd. I've avoided those workers ever since... Although I think I made the whole thing up. Just another exciting morning walk for Leo and me.

Comments

Diana said…
I love your morning walk with Leo stories, their the best. I also feel like I just look fat and I don't think that I will actually look pregnant for a while, thanks goodness for empire waist.
Jessica Marie said…
Melissa, you definately have patience! If I heard something like that, I'd turn around and go up to the guys and put a bar of soap in their mouths! How judgmental! Jeez! Anyways...

YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!

Next time you walk down the street, have Leo run after them! :)
Restless Mama said…
They're nutters. You should've asked him what he's carrying - boy, girl, or gorilla.
I'm sure you look absolutely lovely; you're doing something so amazing.
Jill said…
Hi Melissa! We worked on Scroll together and I found your blog as I surfed through others today. I loved reading about your super glam life and adventures! You totally have that pregnancy glow! Our blog is jebtimes3.blogspot.com maybe that'll jog your memory!
Lisa Brown said…
I still can't believe I still haven't seen your pregnant belly! And what losers - that so sounds like a typical man comment :).
oh this is so funny. go to my blog and click on Melissa and Kyle and read her post. lol
Amber Winward said…
one- congrats on the boy! you'll have so much fun!
and two... from the pics i saw from below- you do NOT look fat. i think tha'ts impossible for you. remember who said that.... A MAN. Maybe they need to try and take a look in the mirror before going out in public. ;)-
The Clifts said…
I doubt they said that because you are just about the cutest pregnant lady I have ever seen. And you look pregnant cause you are so skinny except your cute little belly. But I know what you mean about being pregnant and paranoid. I went thru that, I don't know that that ever goes away. :)
heidi said…
for real, did someone not tell you that when you are pregnant you can do and say whatever you want? it is rule #1. don't avoid those workers and go up to them and say something nasty in your nicest voice possible. i would try what asperber21 suggested.