Cravings

http://www.freefoto.com/images/09/03/09_03_19_prev.jpg

This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. In my opinion, a chorus of angels should cue up as soon as the picture loads, beams of sunshine should light the page and everyone should stop and stare. Do I sound a little crazy? Well I am.

Ever since I've been pregnant, store bought bread has lost its appeal. I've eaten it, because I'm lazy and my old breadmaker broke back in Idaho. But I can't ignore my preference for homemade bread any longer. I crave it. night. and. day.

All last week I've thought about how good a slice of homemade bread would taste. I find myself dreaming about it. During lulls at work, I'm daydreaming of how to get another bread maker. I even looked up buying a Bosch, but that dream quickly faded for now. Then I found a Sunbeam bread maker on Craigslist. I'm sorely tempted to use some of my birthday money to buy it. And I keep plotting about taking it to work with me, just to have the smell of baking bread.

Of course I could just make it from scratch - but I'm pregnant and that sounds too time consuming. And it probably wouldn't taste that great either, based on my past baking experiences.

Enter Lynnae W., who is once again my hero and angel. Two years ago, Lynnae and her husband Matt's thoughtfulness was a life saver to Scott and I when they opened their home to us. We were two complete strangers who could have been completely crazy. Yet, they gave us a place to stay until we found an apartment. This has always meant so much to me and I don't think I've ever really thanked her properly.

Once again, Lynnae has proven herself my hero. You see, she happens to make the best home made bread I've ever tasted - and I thought that pre-pregancy. Well, I just got off the phone with her and she is going to make me several loafs tomorrow. Such a little thing to some, but I am so excited. It is so kind of her to do. I will be a very, happy pregnant lady tomorrow after work.

Comments

Powell Family said…
I'm so jealous. I want homemade bread too!
Bree said…
YUM! That bread does look delicious!! Not a bad thing to crave...at least it's not something weird or unhealthy. I craved any and everything sweet, fatty or otherwise unhealthy...which explains my 40+ lb weight gain!!!!!!! Hahaha!! Can't wait to see more pics of your cute growing belly. Enjoy your homemade bread from your sweet friend!
Restless Mama said…
Your craving sounds so much more wholesome than my fruit craving. You've totally made me miss my dad's homemade bread. You're so right though, there's nothing like homemade bread; the smell, the look, the taste. Oh goodness! Enjoy your bread my dear!
Paul and Susan said…
I'm glad you are able to satisfy your craving for homemade bread. That is really nice of your friend. If you still have the craving, I will spoil you with some when you come in November.
Diana said…
I am completely jealous! I have my grandma's old bread maker but no ambition to actually get some bread made. I need to find a nice friend to help me out!
Lisa Brown said…
How awesome that she is making you some! If you need some jam to go with it, let me know :).

Most Read