Library book sale finds

Even though I got to the book sale on the first hour of the first day, I didn't find anything to awesome to brag about. Although, I am still excited about what I did pick up:

- A nice, hardbound copy of "The Thirteenth Tale," sans the annoying library tape and stickers.
- "The Shadow of the Wind" a novel I've been wanting to read for a while now.
- "The San Franciscans," an old hard bound novel about the early days of San Francisco.
- My own copy of Shakespeare's "The Tempest." (I've wanted to re-read it ever since I finished May Stewart's book "This Rough Magic")
- And a good old Louis L'amour book "The Lonseome Gods"

Then there are the authors/books I didn't find, that I'm always on the look out for at book sales:
- Elizabeth Peters' Amelia Peabody series
- Jean Auel's "earth's children" books
- L.M. Montgomery's "Emily of New Moon" series
- Zane Grey, or Louis L'amour
- Jodi Picoult
etc....

Comments

Bree said…
Too bad you didn't find exactly what you were looking for, but it still sounds like you had some great finds! Did you know I was in "The Tempest" for my 7th grade play? hahaha. I think I mostly just pranced around as a fairy ("spirit"), but I might have a had a few lines. Hope you have a fun week with Scott's fam and graduation!!!
Lisa Brown said…
How exciting! I love getting books.

I got the whole Emily of New Moon series after you had us read the first one - I found them all on Amazon for less than a dollar each.
bethanyr32 said…
I love the Emily books, and most people I know who read LMM haven't ever read them! Have you ever read her "Blue Castle"? It's another good one.

Most Read