just a story from a couple weeks ago

I walk to work everyday. It's not far, just 5 minutes from my home, and its scenic with old victorian homes, spanish moss, oak trees... You know, the typical Savannah I've described before. Well, one morning a couple weeks ago, I was particularly tired and feeling a little down. It was the day after I found out my grandma had passed away.

Around the corner, this beatup white chevy comes speedying down the street. The radio is blasting none other than ACDC's "Back in Black," which sounds completely ridicoulous in this old-money neighborhood. I look over as they pass me and see three men in cowboy hats crammed like sardines in the cab. The man in the passenger seat hangs his out of the window and waves at me. It was 8:30 a.m. I couldn't help it - I laughed. I didn't think anything could make me smile that early and on that day. Who would have thought that a truck full of Mexicans workers in cowboy hats could do just that.

Comments

Bree said…
Haha! Love it! You know they just thought you were HOT!! :) Sounds like something that would happen here in good ol Idy-ho!
Ann said…
I call those "moments"... what a great moment!
Lisa Brown said…
That is awesome! Wish i was there to it :).

And that book in your other post is so cool! Wish I could make it. And congrats on the new sewing machine - how awesome!