Cool sewing web site

I'm loving my new sewing machine and I seem to be a little craft obsessed lately. I need to take some pictures! Anyway, I wanted to share this great resource I found. But before you read this, you have to commit to leaving me a comment with a great web site you know about!

Here it is:
www.burdastyle.com - this is an opensource "how to" sewing web site, complete with patterns, how tos, tips, beginner's basics, etc... and there are a bunch of cute ideas!

I also found just googling "how to sew _(fill in the blank)__"brings up a lot - there are some great sewing web sites out there that I'm just begining to find out about.

Visiting other crafty people's blogs and etsy.com has also provided me with plenty of inspiration. Now for the time to try my hand at all I want to try....

*** If you don't sew, sorry for the boring post. In other news... I am doing good. Allergies knocked me over last night and I've felt congested all day. Its hard to complain when the flowers still grow so beautifully. I'm also reading a fun book "The Blue Sword," by Robin McKinley and I made some delicous Cafe Rio Sweet Pork this weekend (thanks to my sister for sharing the recipe!)

Comments

Diana said…
Melissa! I love your sewing posts lately because I am a TOTAL BEGINNER when it comes to sewing. Anyway, a site I found is http://www.purlbee.com/the-purl-bee/ I don't know if it's as good as yours, but I like it! Ooh, and what kind of machine did you end up getting?
Jana said…
Here is site that lets you design a quilt block . I just play around with the different fabrics to see what they look like. http://www.myquiltergirl.com/
then click on design your quilt.
Heather said…
Hey Melissa,
If you get a second, will you email me the recipe. Ethan talks about how much he misses Cafe Rio Pork like EVERY DAY. It would be a killer Father's Day gift to him if I could make it.

Thanks!
Brits said…
First of all, my apologies for being a blog stalker. :)

Thanks for the cool website. My got my grandma's sewing machine when she died a few months ago and have no idea what to do with it.

Here's my cool website for the day: http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/2007/03/background-image-for-blogger-template.html It walked me through step by step how to customize my blog with cool backrounds and stuff.
Lisa Brown said…
What a fun site - I need to start a new sewing project :).
Powell Family said…
What kind of sewing machine did you get? This is Heather Wood Powell by the way. How are you? That's so cool that you live in the south. The pictures look beautiful.
Tony and Stef said…
I had to tell you this story! Your cupcake recipe saved my friend the other night! My friends Kasey and Kyle had houseguests for a couple weeks and one night Kyle calls his wife and asks her to get a cake because it the guy's birthday. Well there are NO bakeries here and it was an hour and a half before they got home so there was no time to bake a cake (at least not in the ovens we have!). I love Kasey, but the woman can't bake...she doesn't even own measuring cups! So I ran down there and made a batch of your cupcakes to save the day! They were delicious and the boys LOVED them! Thanks Melissa!
Traveling man said…
It's hard having you so far away. I miss having someone to visit when I go to Rexburg, but I know you don't miss the cold and wind. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the Cleaver family with the loss of your grandma. I'm glad you had a chance to come home for the funeral. Your uncle Ron has taken a big step and set up his own blog page at "damsafetyengineer'blogspot.com"I have put in some pictures of my travels to Alaska as well as a few of the family, especially Amy and her prom dress from yesterday.

Miss you guys!
Sure Love Ya, Uncle Ron
Selissa said…
Thanks for the cool site. I know how to sew but it is always good to have a refresher course. This is my cool website. lepetitebebe.blogspot.com
okay, okay so it's my website, but it is cool! ;)

Most Read