Thanksgiving recap
Scott and I stayed with our good friends Jenna and Brian V. to celebrate Thanksgiving a few weeks ago. The V's and W's began their friendship more than five years ago when Brian moved into Apt. 14 with Scott at BYU-Idaho. That summer, Scott married me and a week later Brian married one of my future best friends Jenna.
Here's the happy couple above. After we all tied the knot four and a half years ago, we lived in the same apartment complex - good old University Courtyard. The place was tiny and packed with a million other BYU-I newly weds. We stuck it out for a year and then moved up in the world. The W's and the V's migrated to Stonebrook together, where we each gained an extra bedroom and a REAL kitchen - not just a hallway with a sink.
Jenna and I have a lot of good memories of learning how to be homemakers next door to each other. Then we graduated and they moved out east and we headed further west to San Fran before packing up for Savannah. Now, about 2 and a half years after we all left Rexburg, the Brian and Jenna will be moving to Japan!! I am very excited for them and crossing my fingers that we can visit them at least once during their 3 years calling Okinawa home.
Our Thanksgiving trip to Virginia and then Maryland with Jenna's family was the last time we'll see them. In January, they will be heading off for island life around the globe.
But first we squeezed in some more memories. Jenna's family lives near D.C., so they took us into the capital for a day. It was freezing and we saw as much as we could before our feet froze.
Including the Holocaust Museum, most of the monuments at the Mall (WW2, Abe, Veterans, etc..), the White House and we TRIED to go look at the First Ladies dresses at the Smithsonian, only it was closed. (Just for the record - the guys really didn't want to do that. Jenna and I had to drag them along).
We also stopped by the Washington D.C. Temple, which was beautiful! It was a nice visit and I'm so glad we went. The drive with crazy holiday traffic was a little annoying, but definitely worth the stress to spend time with such great people.






Comments
PS. I have two good friends who live in Japan right now - pretty funny! One of them moves back from Okinawa this summer and will be in NC - I can't wait!!