Random thoughts from today
Melissa and Scott under an oak tree on Mt. Diablo, 2005
I wanted to post today, but had decided not to without anything funny/cool/exciting/memorable to share. Nor do I have new photos. Then Michelle inspired me. I'm so glad someone reads my ramblings!
Although today has been uneventful, I have had a few things on my mind.
First: I'm lucky to be in Savannah. I'm loving this 70-80F weather in December. People pay money to travel to warm places this time of year, and I finally get to live in one. It feels like spring outside and every day after work I can enjoy a walk/jog through the park in perfect temperature, despite the shorter days.
Second: I'm sick of feeling like my work owns me. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to avoid feeling depressed every night before I go to sleep. It wasn't this bad a couple weeks ago, but I think the stress is starting to get to me. That and I am in DESPERATE need of a vacation.
Third: You know what I really want to do? I really want to work for a magazine. Yup, that's right. For a while I've thought of starting out by freelancing. My excuse for procrastinating this - time.
Fourth: I need time to slow down. I feel like it is moving to fast for me. Well, let me clarify. I want my days to hurry up so Scott can be done with school, but really I just don't want to get any older. Too many decisions and responsibility come along with that. Where is Peter Pan and his Never Never Land?
Fifth: Thank goodness Scott has a good ear for music. I love this new guy Jens Lekman that he just downloaded. You should listen to it - makes me feel a little more carefree.
Although today has been uneventful, I have had a few things on my mind.
First: I'm lucky to be in Savannah. I'm loving this 70-80F weather in December. People pay money to travel to warm places this time of year, and I finally get to live in one. It feels like spring outside and every day after work I can enjoy a walk/jog through the park in perfect temperature, despite the shorter days.
Second: I'm sick of feeling like my work owns me. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to avoid feeling depressed every night before I go to sleep. It wasn't this bad a couple weeks ago, but I think the stress is starting to get to me. That and I am in DESPERATE need of a vacation.
Third: You know what I really want to do? I really want to work for a magazine. Yup, that's right. For a while I've thought of starting out by freelancing. My excuse for procrastinating this - time.
Fourth: I need time to slow down. I feel like it is moving to fast for me. Well, let me clarify. I want my days to hurry up so Scott can be done with school, but really I just don't want to get any older. Too many decisions and responsibility come along with that. Where is Peter Pan and his Never Never Land?
Fifth: Thank goodness Scott has a good ear for music. I love this new guy Jens Lekman that he just downloaded. You should listen to it - makes me feel a little more carefree.


Comments
I've been stalking your page for a while now in hopes of you putting something new up, I just wasn't vocal about it.
You know that if you ever need a break from work, I'm here for you. I've been there. (Granted, I'll have to tote along my little crazy ones, but at least it would be a change.)