Payson Holiday Vacation, Days 1 & 2

Scott and I left Savannah on a dark, wet morning last Friday. I think we were still groggy and our response time - or at least mine - was a little off. We miscalculated how much time we would need at the airport, and cut it a little close to our flight. It wouldn't have been a problem, except for one mysterious package I had wrapped and shoved precariously in Scott's backpack. We almost made it through security, but apparently there was some liquids in his bag. I denied packing any liquids - why would I be that dumb? So they had to wrestle to pull everything out, as it was packed tightly- we weren't checking luggage. And then I got in trouble for wrapping my Christmas presents (oops!). They asked me again about liquids, and I said no. Well, after they scanned all my presents again, I remembered that back in November, I had bought Scott some cologne , wrapped it and then forgot about it. Luckily, it was travel size and they let us keep it after unwrapping it. It was too close - we were the lasts ones to board.

We landed in Atlanta, then had another connection in Las Vegas, where we were delayed for our flight to Salt Lake. Last year we had a 6 hour delay in Chicago, so we were determined to do anything to avoid that place. This delay was two hours - I can handle that, even if it was weird to fly to SLC via Vegas.

Once we were in Utah, it felt like we had never left the West. Scott and I reverted to our college days, feeling like we had just driven down from Rexburg for a General Conference Weekend with his brother's family.

Jeff and his family - kids and all- picked us up at the airport. It made me a little sad to see how quickly they are growing now that we aren't around.


Nicole and me.

My sister and her husband drove down from Rexburg just to see us! I felt so special! We did a little gift exchange - she gave me the most adorable soup mugs and a nice gift card - and played games the rest of the night. (Our families are all into games - cards, boards, nintendo, you name it).
Here we are playing Rayman on the Wii. Notice the nieces and nephews down in front? They love to watch. James, my 4-year-old nephew, gets so excited he jumps and waves his arms. Wish I had a picture of that!

But I do have a picture of James' claiming Scott as his favorite uncle for letting him play Wii. Our last night there, James didn't want us to leave until he had played Uncle Scott one more time. It was too sweet.

Here we are - the happily wed sisters. Nicole and Ryan (her husband, not our brother. Confusing, i know!) stayed the night and left after breakfast the next day. But the fun continued...

My very good, dear, bosom friend Michelle came over later that day. For those of you who don't know, Michelle and I have quite a history - we went through the Poulsbo years together, including Stake dances and the Danny phase, summers at each others houses, high school musicals, Newsies, etc... and we were married the same day! I have seen her one time since 2003, so this was a treat. She has had two children, whom I hadn't met yet, so it was fun to see them, too. They are adorable, Michelle! Us girls visited while the kids played. I wanted to drag out the afternoon as long as possible, but they had to leave eventually :(

To be continued...

Comments

Jessica Marie said…
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! HOW SWEET! You all look like you had a wonderful time! :)
Bree said…
So glad you had such a great time! You and Nicole are so cute! YES--of course I remember when we went to Forgotten Carols together! Good times!...I have been meaning to post pics of our house, but it never seems clean enough!! Maybe one of these days...

Most Read