New York! New York!


Guess what? I'm going to NY in three weeks and will see Wicked on Broadway! Scott and I had airline ticket vouchers to use by May, or loose the money. He used his credit on a trip to Seattle to go snomobiling. That left me with mine... I wasn't sure what to do with it at first. After jetlag from my quick weekend trip to the west coast for Nicole's wedding in March, I knew I didn't want to fly west again unless I could stay a while - which I can't. Then I thought about New York: how I've never been, how I've always wanted to see a show on Broadway, how I want to see the Statue of Liberty, the Met, go shopping and more. So I ordered the tickets.

I'll keep you posted on my plans, as I haven't made up my itinerary yet. I just know I'll be there and I'm going to Wicked.

Other than that fun news, I'm just doing the usual - working, hanging out with Scott, playing with Leo. This Sunday I tried to be a good cook - baking cookies, making spinach dip and a new chicken dish for dinner. Everything I touched turned to ash - or so it seemed. My cookies were disgusting (never substitute 'I can't believe it's not butter' for real butter - I can DEFINITELY believe it's not butter, that's for sure), I accidentally used the Knorr beef seasoning packed instead of the vegetable one in my dip - making for an "interesting" flavor, and the Pesto chicken just didn't taste good. Oh well. At least we had some great spiritual feasting listening to General Conference.

Scott and I enjoyed General Conference this past weekend. I'm still deciding which talk was my favorite - I might have to wait for the Ensign on that one.

Comments

Jana said…
Let us know how Wicked was. Jeff and I are going in July.

Most Read