Toddler quircks

Soren had us worried at the begining of the summer. He refused to wear anything but sweaters and long pants. By refuse, I mean he freaked out every time we tried to dress him in a t-shirt or shorts. Screaming, crying, the whole works. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but it was 80+ outside and he was over heating. One of us would hold him down and the other would pry off the sweater.

I think it was a skin sensitivity thing - he just wasn't used to bare arms and legs after a long Idaho winter.

So I just refused to give him his sweater when he asked. After a day or so, he was okay running around in a t-shirt. Wearing shorts took a little bit longer. He still gets mad at me if I put on his "short pants" when he wants to wear his "long pants."

"No, I no never wear short pants!" he screams.

So we were pretty excited a couple weeks ago when he wanted to strip down and play with his buddies in the sprinkler. They were so cute - all three of them running around in saggy diapers. 
 

Then afterwards they shared a blue snow cone. Soren is a lucky guy to have two fun little boys living right next door.

Besides the clothing quirk, Soren has been doing a couple other funny things lately. When I change his diaper, he always says:

"No, never eat poop. It be yucky."

I'm not sure where he picked that up, but I'm glad he knows not to eat poop.

He is also particular about the way I wear my hair. It has to be down or he doesn't like it.

"Mom, your hair down!" he will demand, if he sees me put it in a pony tail. It cracks me up every time.

Comments

this is just too funny! I love the cute pictures of the boys in their diapers! Great friends to all share a snow cone! The things Soren is saying is funny! I love it! He is just way too cute. aw I miss him!
Lisa Brown said…
Just wait until he refuses to wear warm clothes when it starts getting cold again. Derek still does this a little when the seasons change :).
Bree said…
So funny. I love when kids start getting their personalities more and more. Glad he finally let you put him in summer clothes!
Paul and Susan said…
Looks like he was having lots of fun outside. Sometimes it is hard to know why they feel so strongly about something. It must take a lot of patience on your part! Hang in there!
Jessica Marie said…
Hahahaha...too cute, especially the saggy diapers!
Lindsay said…
"No never wear short pants!" hahaa I wonder what kinds of conversations he and Nina would be having with each other these days...

Most Read