Bowling

 We took Soren bowling for the first time a couple weeks ago. He got to pick his own ball, use the slide and the bumpers. As a testament to how poor the rest of us bowl, he had the second highest score. Okay, actually, there are a few more factors to it - Scott had to share his turns with me and I really am awful without bumpers, so I brought our score down. And the other two bowlers were my brother - who had the highest score - and his wife, April. She had never been bowling before! But she did awesome - way better than me and I've been plenty of times.

 Soren had a great time, but was really only interested in bowling for the first couple rounds. Then he just ran around the place.

Here is April before her very first turn, my brother is giving her tips. I think she almost got a strike on her first throw. We were all impressed.

I was reminded of my first time bowling when I was six-years-old. It was for a birthday party and I was the ONLY girl there - besides the birthday boy's older sister. I was horrified to realize this after my mom dropped me off. Then the sister kept teasing me about how her brother had a crush on me. Then I was an awful bowler. I remember biting back tears and just waiting to go home.

I ended up knowing that boy all through elementary school, junior high, and high school. Its a story we laugh about now.

Comments

Paul and Susan said…
That is pretty neat that they have the extra things that help little kids bowl. I am a lousy bowler too, so you must have inherited it from me!

Most Read