I guess not everyone likes to wear green


These pictures are from St. Patrick's Day. My friend Bree and I made our kids these adorable shamrock onesies. I'd been wanting to do something like this for a while and Bree got me going. I think this would be a fun way to personalize any outfit. Scott and I keep talking about using the same technique to put nintendo heroes - like Mario and Zelda - onto other shirts for Soren.

step 1: Dig in your child's drawers for a plain onesie without many stains (that is probably the hardest part)

step 2: Pick out a cute green fabric from your stash or from the store

step 3: Make a shamrock stencil (print one from the internet if you're like me and can't draw)

step 4: Iron your green fabric onto some wonder-under

Step 5: Trace the shamrock onto the wonder-under side. Then cut it out. Peel off the paper

Step 6: Iron it onto your onesie and then handstitch or machine stitch around.
Ta-Da!
Super easy and cute. Don't know why he didn't like it. Guess he just hasn't captured the spirit of St. Paddy's day. I'll have to dye more food green next year and teach him how to pinch.

Comments

Bree said…
So sad he didn't like wearing his dang cute shirt!! I love getting together for projects, we'll need to start planning for the Fall, I can't wait!! :)
Paul and Susan said…
You are so talented with creating. I am a little "green" with envy!
Jamie Anderson said…
We so needed to take Ellie and Soren's pictures together in their shamrock tees!

Most Read