More pre-haircut pictures

Soren playing fetch with Leo.

Guess I should have posted these before the haircut pictures, but they are too cute not to share now. To me, Soren is the most beautiful little boy I've ever seen. I know, I am biased as his mama.

But honestly - look at those big blue eyes.

And his smile always makes me smile - which isn't always a good thing. He likes to smile at me after I tell him "No, yucky" or "No, don't touch" - like he is thinking "yeah right mom. You know this is really the coolest thing ever." Half the time I smile back because he is so darn cute. Then he goes on picking up someone's nasty cigarette butt or leftover lunch off the ground.

On the rare occasion that I force myself not to smile, I feel like a grouch and he still goes for the forbidden item.
Soren running around the house before bed time.

Soren just discovered my hair. It is sweet - any time I pick him up, he runs his fingers through it as he jabbers on or points with his other hand to boss me around. So far, there hasn't been any pulling - although I'm sure all it takes is one more "no" from me and it will be included in the next temper tantrum.

He threw a great one at the park yesterday when he realized I was trying to make us leave. Yeah - that was fun. Then while I was chasing him, my stroller rolled away from me and crashed into a sign. Luckily, the sign stopped it from rolling into an irrigation ditch. Nothing was injured, other than my pride.

Leo and Soren trying to help Scott clean the car.

Leo likes going to the park, too. He keeps trying to run up on the play equipment with us. When no one is there, I'll let him off his leash to wander around. He is a great help to the city by eating all the leftover picnic food. Yesterday, he climbed up after us to the slide. Then he tried to climb on my lap to go down the slide. Can you imagine some skinny whippet going down a slide? I wouldn't let him, because I needed both arms for Soren. But next time I go with Scott, we are going to make him do it with us.

Anyway, those are some fun times around here. Soren is napping now and I think we are going on a family outing to Cal Ranch when he wakes up. There are chickens for sale to check out - not that we are going to buy any. We just want to see his reaction. (I took him to the zoo this week - it didn't go well because he had a poor nap - but he did love seeing the animals.) Then we are going to take advantage of the great deal on blizzards at Dairy Queen. Yay! I can't wait to get out of the house today.

Comments

Jana said…
We went to DQ for the blizzard deal today, too.
He does have BEAUTIFUL eyes!!!!
Paul and Susan said…
I love those pictures of him. It is hilarious to think about Leo going down the slide. Let me know how it goes. Thanks for sharing your stories and pictures with us. It makes my day.
Natalie said…
He is one of the cutest little boys I've ever seen. But that's clearly because he looks so much like you.

And I've gotta figure out what this Blizzard deal is at DQ!
Bree said…
Cute pics Mel!! Ooohh I could use a Blizzard right now! Yum! Hope you had a great weekend!
Katie said…
Look at that sneaky little smile behind his towel--- that's going to be the end of you... how can you say no to that?