Baby notes from my mom
My mom has been emailing me notes from her journal that she kept when I was a baby. Its been fun to read what I did around Soren's age. He is 15 months old now and so far I've noticed a few differences, that I marked in green below: (there are a lot more than what I've posted, by the way)
Tues Sept 18, 13 months 27 days
She is a go-go baby. She is constantly on the go. She is very active. She really seems to enjoy being alive.
Thurs Sept 20, 13 months 29 days
We went and visited Grandma Wright in the hospital in Seattle. The nurses call her a little ray of sunshine because she goes around and cheers everyone up.
Monday Oct 1, 1984, 14 months 10 days
She pulled a full pitcher of apple juice from the table onto the floor and than wanted to play in it. She also got into my wallet and I found $30 in the garbage. I trimmed her bangs. It was quite a day!
Fri Oct 12, 14 months 21 days
Visit to the doctors. She has an ear infection in her left ear. She weights 21 lbs. She is quite miserable. (Whoa! Only 21 lbs? Soren is definitely bigger than I was. He was 25 lbs at the last check up - and its been a month or two. He is also healthier - it seems like I was sick with colds and ear infections all the time)
Thur Oct 18, 14 months 27 days
She can climb almost anywhere now. Onto the couch, the table, chairs, containers. It's hard on a mother's heart. (Ha ha - yes, I agree that it is hard on a mothers heart and Soren can't even climb on chairs and tables yet. However, He is all over the couch, bed and any containers on the ground)
Fri Oct 19, 14 months 28 days
Melissa opened my perfume bottle and took a drink. She was okay and I checked with the poison control center. I'm going to have to be careful with bottles.
Wed Oct 24, 15 months 3 days
She purses her lips and says "oh". She is very sensitive when you get angry with her and will cry at a stern voice. (Soren usually just laughs - until I take the toy away or remove him from the scene of the crime. Then it is a full on end-of-the-world cry)
Besides thinking of what Soren is doing / not doing, I couldn't help but think about how we are supposed to be like little children. There were two sentences that stuck out to me and made me reflect on my 26-year-old self. The first one:
The second is:
Tues Sept 18, 13 months 27 days
She is a go-go baby. She is constantly on the go. She is very active. She really seems to enjoy being alive.
Thurs Sept 20, 13 months 29 days
We went and visited Grandma Wright in the hospital in Seattle. The nurses call her a little ray of sunshine because she goes around and cheers everyone up.
Monday Oct 1, 1984, 14 months 10 days
She pulled a full pitcher of apple juice from the table onto the floor and than wanted to play in it. She also got into my wallet and I found $30 in the garbage. I trimmed her bangs. It was quite a day!
Fri Oct 12, 14 months 21 days
Visit to the doctors. She has an ear infection in her left ear. She weights 21 lbs. She is quite miserable. (Whoa! Only 21 lbs? Soren is definitely bigger than I was. He was 25 lbs at the last check up - and its been a month or two. He is also healthier - it seems like I was sick with colds and ear infections all the time)
Thur Oct 18, 14 months 27 days
She can climb almost anywhere now. Onto the couch, the table, chairs, containers. It's hard on a mother's heart. (Ha ha - yes, I agree that it is hard on a mothers heart and Soren can't even climb on chairs and tables yet. However, He is all over the couch, bed and any containers on the ground)
Fri Oct 19, 14 months 28 days
Melissa opened my perfume bottle and took a drink. She was okay and I checked with the poison control center. I'm going to have to be careful with bottles.
Wed Oct 24, 15 months 3 days
She purses her lips and says "oh". She is very sensitive when you get angry with her and will cry at a stern voice. (Soren usually just laughs - until I take the toy away or remove him from the scene of the crime. Then it is a full on end-of-the-world cry)
Besides thinking of what Soren is doing / not doing, I couldn't help but think about how we are supposed to be like little children. There were two sentences that stuck out to me and made me reflect on my 26-year-old self. The first one:
- The nurses call her a little ray of sunshine because she goes around and cheers everyone up.
The second is:
- She really seems to enjoy being alive.

Comments