Momentum fizzled out
Big day today. Lots of shopping with Nicole (my sister) in Idaho Falls. It was much more fun to go with her - Soren thought so, too. We hit up places for a new car seat (decided to buy online), a new printer (best buy at Target - Nicole bought the last one), household goods at Walmart (forgot to grab conditioner and lotion - dang it), drop off check at Bank of America (closed on Saturdays - dang it), food at Winco (Geez - I bought too much).
Phew... big day. Soren did awesome... until....
...Three diarrhea diapers once we got home. The last one squirting through my shirt, undershirt and bra. I blame the chicken we just introduced him too. Ironically, I had just given him a bath and clean pajamas. And just like Murphy's Law - once I need to give him a second bath, the hot water was gone. Scott had to heat water on the stove for me to give him a sponge bath. All I could think about was the horrible time when he was 4 months and had diarrhea for 3 weeks.
And needless to say, all my motivation for unpacking and organizing my new home tonight has disappeared. All I can do is put on my pajamas and lie on the couch with a feel good book. If I can't find what I was reading before the move - "My Cousin Rachel" by Daphne du Maurier, I might pick up Pride and Prejudice again. All the stacks surrounding me will have to wait.
Phew... big day. Soren did awesome... until....
...Three diarrhea diapers once we got home. The last one squirting through my shirt, undershirt and bra. I blame the chicken we just introduced him too. Ironically, I had just given him a bath and clean pajamas. And just like Murphy's Law - once I need to give him a second bath, the hot water was gone. Scott had to heat water on the stove for me to give him a sponge bath. All I could think about was the horrible time when he was 4 months and had diarrhea for 3 weeks.
And needless to say, all my motivation for unpacking and organizing my new home tonight has disappeared. All I can do is put on my pajamas and lie on the couch with a feel good book. If I can't find what I was reading before the move - "My Cousin Rachel" by Daphne du Maurier, I might pick up Pride and Prejudice again. All the stacks surrounding me will have to wait.

Comments