quick update

I need to work on a few projects, but want to update my blog since it has been almost a week. Here are a few things going on right now:

  • Unpacking - All our junk is finally upstairs in the new apartment. Now we have to unpack. It is so hard to do with Soren! He cries whenever I leave a room, confining me to one room at a time.
  • Too early mornings - Soren has been consistently waking up at 5:45 for the last week. It is driving me crazy! There is so much to do and I need the sleep I am accustomed to. Embarrassingly, I threw a temper-tantrum of my own for Scott this morning. He was really nice about it. We determined Soren isn't getting enough food, because he'll drink a huge 10 oz bottle and then fall back asleep. I'm self-diagnosing, but I think I'm taking new foods too slowly. It has been a couple weeks since we'd tried a new one. He has always eaten more than other babies his age and we are just starting meats. He definitely needs those meats and probably needs to move from stage 2 foods to stage 3, even though he isn't crawling.
  • New Neigbors - We have some great new neighbors. Another couple was supposed to move in, but they signed the contract withoug viewing the apartment. When they came to move in, they were pretty disapointed. Luckily for us, our landlord is nice and let them cancel the lease. I say lucky, because they didn't seem very "nice" or "Neighborly". And the new couple has an adorable schnauzer puppy.
  • My sister is back! We've been having lots of fun. Yesterday we went on a long walk to the park with Soren and his girlfriend Nina.

Comments

Lisa Brown said…
I completely understand throwing a sleep deprivation induced tantrum - I have so been there :). Hopefully the food thing helps and he is not just an early riser. I still keep waiting for Derek to stop waking me up at 5:45, but he just doesn't seem to want to, no matter what I do. Oh well, I guess that is our lot in life as mothers :). How awesome that you are in your new place though!!
Paul and Susan said…
You've got a lot to do and it's hard with a baby that doesn't want you out of his sight and is getting up early too. It must be frustrating.
The Clifts said…
What I learned with my kids is that they "stages" on baby foods are merely a suggestion. If Soren seems to be able to swallow fine, go for the next stage up. The stages are just the thickness of the food (and sometimes the contents.) But my kids all ate them earlier than the suggestions because they had throats the size of my arm and could pretty much swallow a whole cow without choking. :) Plus, I added rice cereal to everything to get more for your dollar. I hope you get some sleep soon!
Olivia Jewell said…
Oh Melis, Soren is so cute. He's gotten so big since I last checked in on you and yours. I love that smile!
Also, congrats on the move. We're about to embark on a move ourselves, and I'm not thrilled about trying to do it with a child, but hopefully I'll be able to pawn her off a couple of times and just focus. :)
Good luck with things, the sleeping, the feeding, ect.. You'll figure it out, that's what it's all about. My biggest suggestion, if you care, is just don't let it stress you out. Remember taking care of him is what's important, and as long as his basic needs are met, you're doing great. :) Sometimes I have to just focus on that.

Most Read