My letter to PBS
This morning I read that PBS will begin phasing out religious programming. (story here)
While I admittedly don't watch any PBS religious programming, I find it disappointing that they will ban it for three reasons.
1. Whether Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, or of another faith, the majority of Americans are religious. It seems odd for our "Public" Broadcasting Station to ignore such a major part of the public.
2. I know by banning religious programming, they are not "banning" religion (already established programs may continue airing) however, the ruling is out of touch with our countries core values. We believe in freedom of religion and freedom of the press, which I believe includes public broadcasting.
3. Many of PBS news programs (which I can barely stand to watch, so I'll admit I'm not that knowledgeable on them) already seem to have a strong liberal bias. This is just one more thing that moves PBS away from being the objective, American-people station.
So I decided to write them an email, expressing my disappointment and asking them to reconsider. If you would also like to express disappointment, you may contact the Ombudsman at this web address.
Also on my "to-write" letter list: Craigo's owner(for how he can incorporate their delicious bread sticks back into the menu), Reach (for the horribly designed toothbrush that cut up both Scott and my mouth), and ... seems like their was someone else but I can't remember.
Now, I need to go get ready for my day while Soren takes his morning nap.
While I admittedly don't watch any PBS religious programming, I find it disappointing that they will ban it for three reasons.
1. Whether Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, or of another faith, the majority of Americans are religious. It seems odd for our "Public" Broadcasting Station to ignore such a major part of the public.
2. I know by banning religious programming, they are not "banning" religion (already established programs may continue airing) however, the ruling is out of touch with our countries core values. We believe in freedom of religion and freedom of the press, which I believe includes public broadcasting.
3. Many of PBS news programs (which I can barely stand to watch, so I'll admit I'm not that knowledgeable on them) already seem to have a strong liberal bias. This is just one more thing that moves PBS away from being the objective, American-people station.
So I decided to write them an email, expressing my disappointment and asking them to reconsider. If you would also like to express disappointment, you may contact the Ombudsman at this web address.
Also on my "to-write" letter list: Craigo's owner(for how he can incorporate their delicious bread sticks back into the menu), Reach (for the horribly designed toothbrush that cut up both Scott and my mouth), and ... seems like their was someone else but I can't remember.
Now, I need to go get ready for my day while Soren takes his morning nap.

Comments