Top 10 Weekend count down

Soren's cousins, Carlie and Haley. He was happy until we pulled out the camera.
And the sad story is that this is the only picture I took of them - I forgot
my camera at home when we went out to visit them at Kirsten's.


10. Pulling off a last minute Yard/Bake Sale with my neighbor (I made $62 from junk and $4 from cupcakes.)

9. Digging a fire pit with the Jackson's in our yard. (Okay, I did no digging, but I did eat many a s'more.) And listening to Scott play his guitar around the fire.

8. Discovering the best sno cone shack in Rexburg with the Jackson's (Tropical Snow, near Broulims)

7. Watching Soren try to drink from my glass and watch every single bite I put in my mouth.

6. Having my nieces and nephew help me with Soren. They were so willing to run and grab all the dumb little things I leave in the other room, or drop on the ground - binkys, burp clothes, blankets, diapers, etc. Sure wish they were always around! And they loved making him smile. They even learned the little song my family made up when he was first born - it still calms him down.

5. Finding a possible new home, complete with one more bedroom, a garage, storage room, and more room overall. We sent in an application and are now playing the waiting game.

4. Having warm weather again!

3. Watching Soren explore the world from his new "sitting" position. He loves to be up and look around.

2. Listening to my niece Carlie sing "My Country Tis of Thee" with more enthusiasm and volume than anyone else at church on Sunday.

1. Spending time with Scott's sisters and their kids. I'm lucky to have married into such a great family and Soren is lucky to have so many awesome aunts. (And I wouldn't be honest if I didn't put down that I beat them for the first time ever at the tile game with a score of 35. I got to live that victory while I can, since it probably won't happen again).

0. Sharing the moment of feeding Soren his first real food (bananas!) with family. He LOVED them! Jamie has a video that I will post whenever I get it.

Comments

Natalie said…
Sounds like such a fun weekend. I'm glad you married into our family too!

Congrats on winning the tile game, a score of 35 is very impressive!

I can't wait to see the video of Soren eating bananas
Lindsay said…
I know it has been a while but....CONGRATS!!!!
Paul and Susan said…
It's nice to hear what you all have been doing. You always write it in such an interesting way.
Bree said…
How fun! If I ever a super-exciting weekend with enough things to make a top 10, I'm totally stealing your idea! ;) Sorry I didn't get back to you...things have been a little busy and we had another QUICK trip back home for James' bro to be ordained...and now we're back here already! Holy cow summer is going fast! Anyway, I'll give you a call soon!! Glad the yard sale went to well and have you been to the snowshack by taco bell/the jr. high?? It's our favorite!! I'm craving one RIGHT now! :D
Nicole said…
a score of 35 on the tile game...WOW! that's something to be proud of!

Soren is such cutie!
Lisa Brown said…
What a fun weekend! And glad to hear you finally have warm weather :).

Most Read