Who could resist?
Thanks for everyone's comments on my last post. It is so fun to see who is out there! Still don't know my mysterious friend from China - oh well.
Here are several cute pictures of Soren and me from the last couple weeks. Soren has had a rough time this last week. For the last 7 days he has had diarrhea and a painful diaper rash. My doctor has been out of town until today, so we will see him this afternoon. However, we did visit another doctor in town who was kind of helpful. He didn't help much with his advice for the diarrhea. He got us on pedyalite, but also told me to do Soy formula for a day. When I tried to switch back to Soren's normal formula his stomach got really upset. So I'm still on the soy.... kind of confused as to how to switch him back and looking forward to my normal doctor's advice. But our substitute doctor had awesome advice for the diaper rash. He told me to use generic vaseline and to cake it on about 1/3 inch after every changing. It works! It's the best!
One nice thing about visiting the doctor is learning how much Soren has grown. He still wieghs 15 lbs, but is now 25.5 inches long - an inch and a half longer than our last visit two weeks ago. He has outgrown all th 0-3 months and even fills up most of the 3 months. The 3-6 months are the best fit, but can still be a little short on him. Where did I get this big baby?
I love the outfit he is wearing in this last picture. My friend Shannon from Savannah gave it to me - she has excellent taste. When Soren was first born, I was so excited for him to wear it. Well, it didn't fit because it is for 3-6 months. So I hung it in the closet and practically forgot about it until my mom visited and organized all his clothes. Thank goodness we found it again - the little hat is already too small but the sweater and pants fit perfect. He is so cute!
In other news on the homefront...
- Scott is selling our car if anyone wants a beautiful 2006 Honda Civic.
- My brother and sister both leave this week to sell pest control in Houston and then Chicago this summer.
- I'm planning a trip to Utah at the end of the month.
- I've been a really awesome cook lately - minus last friday when I totally ruined our cubed steak and gravy.
- We made friends with our neighbors.
- Leo is loving the warmer weather and sits by the door during the day to insist it is time to go outside.
- Soren furrows his forehead and gets belligerent when he is tired. Very funny to watch.




Comments
I'm excited to hear you'll be in town at the end of the month. I'd love to get together! Let me know what your schedule is! Can't wait!!!
-shannon