NYC trip - Day 1

So I had a blast in New York a couple weeks ago. Traveling solo is more fun than I thought - although I wouldn't do it everytime. My first adventure in the big apple happened right after I stepped out of the airport. I almost made the mistake of driving off with a mysterious car service, who I thougth was a taxi. But his dark car tipped me off and so I asked for my luggage back and walked over to the mile-long taxi line.
I shared a cab to Manhattan with a model - although her thick 4-inch tall glasses trick you. Valentine, a Parisian native who now works in London, was flown in for a photo shoot the next day with an Italian fashion magazine. All her world travels and career made her seem at least 5 years older than me, but no - she was 2 years younger. I enjoyed visiting with her and hearing her enthusiam for me, the first time New York traveler, as I saw the city-skyline for the first time - in person, anyway.
The cab dropped me off at Darlene's apartment off Wall Street. It was too late to visit and the next day her and Greg had to work. She oriented me with the neighborhood, handed me a map and sent me on my way with the subway.
I headed for the Metropolitan, but was distracted by Central Park. I just kept walking - wondering what is over that hill, or around that corner. The trees were all flowering and the weather was beautiful
The picture of me above is taken from Belvedere castle in central park. A nice asian tourist, with a camera rivaling my own, volunteered to take it. He could tell my self-portraits just weren't working out.To be continuted....

Comments