Italy - 100% official


By the way - it is 100% official that I am going to Italy in June. I've got the plane tickets, vacation days, doggy-sitter (thanks Colleen!), 'Learn italian' podcasts on my ipod and computer and lots of books from the library on Italy. Now all I need is to read my books, do a little travel shopping, and wait, wait, wait...

I've heard a few good travel tips - my favorite being from my oldest friend - Matt (A.K.A Dallas), who I grew up forcing to play barbie dolls and chasing all over - he's stronger from it, I'm sure. Anyway, Matt is in China now and traveled to Italy a couple summers ago, before he served a mission in the Ukraine.

According to Matt, I need to forget worrying about the girlish figure and eat as much gelato as I can get my hands on, as that is what I will miss the most when I leave. No problem-o! Girlish figure will be put on hold for Italy. Thanks for the tip, buddy! Anyone else have a good one?

Comments

The Patton's said…
I have great advice "Take Me With You"! oh well maybe next time! pat's family is from italy so if genealogy sounds like fun to you i can give some info to look for.
is scott going with you? i thought he was gone during June well have fun love you-Andrea
The Patton's said…
i am leaving for NC on 17th and we will be in High point greensborough area. did nicole move from virginia? cause we might go to virginia for a day???
The Patton's said…
oh ya the header) well do you remember heather bullock)Bratt well she designed it and her husband put it up for me. he had to do it in html code and i am trying to find out exactly how they did it. i'll let you know maybe she would do one for you if you sent her all the stuff. the nice thing is now that it's up i can change it anytime i want.
love you-Andrea
Lisa Brown said…
I am so excited for you!! Yes, eat lots of gelatto and delicious pasta :).
The Patton's said…
yes,june 17th. how long does it take from where you are to her?
Bree said…
Mel I am so excited for you to go to Italy! (And jealous!!!) I can't wait to see pictures from your trip and hear fun stories!
Grifter said…
random passerby (friend of D. Zufelt's and acquaintance of Scott's) with a declaration of jealousy for your trip.

highly highly suggested would be a trip to il Cinque Terre. Its a life changer.

multo bene!
Melissa said…
Thanks random passerbier! Il Cinque Terre must be amazing - I've had a couple other people tell me it's a MUST SEE destination. And I looked at your blog and you look familiar from the good old college days - I know I've seen you with Darren or something.
ibid said…
Melissa:

I second the Cinque Terre. The hikes between the cities is rife with feral cats and striking views. Both perfect subjects for excellent photographers.

I think I told Scott about that when we spoke on the phone, but I can't recall. Also, Florence was bustin' at the seams with good stuff to see. Try and find the Leather School that is tucked away in one of the many museums, you won't be disappointed.

I wish we could go with you.
Melissa said…
Thanks Darren! I will keep a lookout for the Leather School. What exactly is it? And I wish you both could come, too. I have yet to meet the wife - and she looks so nice!

Most Read