Beach bums


Scott and I had fun at the beach on Tybee Island today. We wore Leo out at the dog park so he wouldn't mind staying home for a couple hours. The weather was perfect - although the wind was a little weak. Not a problem for me, but it was for Scott as he kite-surfed. He still had a good time, though.




I took a couple pictures of him from the beach and then settled in to read a new book - "Mirror, Mirror" by Gregory Maguire. It takes place in Tuscany/Umbria region of Italy - which is exactly where I will be staying when I visit. Normally, I get bored with landscape descriptions, but not so in this case. I'm storing the mental images to see how close they are.



Scott's really been enjoying kite-surfing and having the beach so close by. There are a group of guys that regularly kite-surf at Tybee, and he is getting to know them.After the beach, I went shopping downtown for some new shoes. Its nice having a bunch of cute stores in walking distance. While everyone else battles for parking spots, I can just leave my home and walk a couple blocks. That is one thing I will miss whenever we move.

Comments

Lisa Brown said…
The kite surfing thing looks so cool, but i am way too much of a wimp to try something like that :). Don't you just love the beach?
scott said…
nice pics melissa, and yes the beach sure was fun that day, albeit a little too light of wind to get too much kiteboarding in.
Heather said…
Wow. I saw someone doing that the other day in Indianola and thought, WOW, how do people even learn how to do that. I didn't know your hubby knew how! That's really cool. It's fun to see what you guys are up to. Although, I'm still pretty green (with envy) over your upcoming Italy trip. That's going to be really amazing!
Melissa said…
Heather - I'm still pretty impressed he learned to do it, too. He took a couple lessons when were living in the SF/Bay area and there is a group of people who do it down here, too. There is a larger following in Europe right now - I think.

Most Read