Melissa’s one and only original recipe

I was exchanging recipes with a friend today and was complaining about how I never have any Melissa originals - but then I realized I do! My family can attest that I LOVE spaghetti. It was the first main dish I ever learned how to make. My tomato sauce started out simple, with italian seasonings and canned tomatoe sauce with the a key ingredient - SUGAR!

While I still love that simple recipe, I've done some improving. If I plan in advance, I love to let my sauce simmer for 45 minutes with whatever vegetables I have in the fridge. It's so good! For any of you who love pasta, below is my one and only Melissa original:

Melissa’s Pasta Sauce
Melissa’s one and only original recipe

Ingredients:

1 TBSP olive oil

¼ c. chopped onion

1 garlic clove (press it)

15 oz. of tomato sauce

Diced carrots (whatever you have on hand)

Diced zucchini (whatever you have on hand)

Chopped celery (whatever you have on hand)

¼ to ½ cup sugar (however you like it)

1 TBSP Italian Seasoning

1 TBSP water from cooked pasta

Directions:

Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil. Add remaining ingredients (EXCEPT for pasta water) and simmer for 45 minutes. Add pasta water when done simmering and serve over pasta.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds delicious. I'll be sure to try someday.
-AllyJo

Most Read