The day I realized I've survived
This time last year was pretty rough for me (and that is a mild understatement). I've shared a little about my experience with postpartum depression before.
Today I passed a big milestone - my last counseling appointment. I starting seeing a counselor at the begining of last summer when I knew I needed some additional support. At the time, I felt like an emotional wreck and needed a life preserver. I had appointments twice a week throughout the summer, and there were weeks in the begining where I would have gone every day if it were possible.
But then I slowly began to heal - my antidepressants helped along with learning how to respond to my anxiety. My visits went from twice a week to once a week - which was a big deal to me. Then every other week and so on until today - when I had my last visit. It felt amazing!
I have survived one of the most terrifying and challenging trials I've encountered so far.
- I
Today I passed a big milestone - my last counseling appointment. I starting seeing a counselor at the begining of last summer when I knew I needed some additional support. At the time, I felt like an emotional wreck and needed a life preserver. I had appointments twice a week throughout the summer, and there were weeks in the begining where I would have gone every day if it were possible.
But then I slowly began to heal - my antidepressants helped along with learning how to respond to my anxiety. My visits went from twice a week to once a week - which was a big deal to me. Then every other week and so on until today - when I had my last visit. It felt amazing!
I have survived one of the most terrifying and challenging trials I've encountered so far.
- I



Comments