Recipe for Friday Night fun with kiddos

 (image from here)

I'm a single mom this weekend while Scott attends his Grandpa's funeral in Utah.

From past experience, I know how quickly frustrated and overwhelmed I become if we stay at home for too long. So here was my surprisingly successful recipe for fun tonight:


Friday night Farmers market Fun
  • 1 bike trailer 
  • 1 bike ride to the local farmers market
  • 1 bag of kettle corn (purchased fresh from the stand)
  • 1 bag of bing cherries (let preschooler choose which ones)
  • Green grass for eating, toddling and dancing to the music
  • 1 Kids craft table with cups of dirt, seeds, Popsicle sticks and paint
  • 1 Firehose and a friendly fireman who helps preschooler and toddler spray water
  • 1 Fire engine and Ambulance to board and tour
  • LOTs of other children to spray previously mentioned firehose for preschooler and toddler to play in
  • 1 empty lot next to the firehose for wet boys to roll around and jump in 
  • 1 bike ride home with kettle corn
  • 1 dinner inside the house of frozen go-gurts, bing cherries, and the rest of the kettle corn
Mix all ingredients for two happy, tired boys and one happy mama.

(If that was too confusing, I'll summarize - we had a great time at the farmers market tonight. Soren and Lucas particularly loved playing in the fire hose water and then getting muddy at the empty lot next to the market. And for dinner, I fed them popcycles (a few of them were frozen go-gurts for health's sake), kettle corn (corn is a whole grain, you know), and sweet cherries. It was a great night.)

Comments

Most Read