Soren likes to crawl all over me. And crawl all over the couches, chairs, kitchen. Amazingly, he hasn't figure out how to climb. That's right - he doesn't know how to climb onto my counters, fridge or even out of his crib. But he has learned to drag a chair wherever he wants to be. Like today, he dragged a kitchen chair to the bathroom. Then got bored, leaving it in the doorway.
He is either busy busy, or begging me to watch tv shows. I guess on one hand I'm lucky because he will pay attention to movies (leaving me free to take a little break or clean the house). But on the other hand, it is way too easy to take advantage of his tv love.
Like most moms of young children, we go through a bazillion games/activities between breakfast and lunch. For example:
Playing with Buzz Lightyear is always a big hit. Buzz flies all over the house, talks to Rex and Mr Potato Head, watches Soren play with Lightning McQueen, or take a nap in Lucas' bouncy chair - just like Lucas does. Buzz can also be a little annoying and not stand up on his feet - making a certain 2-year-old frustrated, which makes a certain mommy frustrated. Especially because I usually can't get him to stand on his feet either. He's almost as bad as a Barbie doll.
Soren play at preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Then I use the activities over and over again, if he liked them. I taught the letter P before Halloween. Soren and I made lots of paper pumpkins, painted pumpkins, read about pumpkins, cooked pumpkin cookies and just about pumpkin-ed ourselves out.
Then, its always fun to catch a free rid on a toy dump truck - or jump off of one, which is what he did right after this.
Its a lot of work coming up with things for him to do (besides trouble or tv).
He is either busy busy, or begging me to watch tv shows. I guess on one hand I'm lucky because he will pay attention to movies (leaving me free to take a little break or clean the house). But on the other hand, it is way too easy to take advantage of his tv love.
Like most moms of young children, we go through a bazillion games/activities between breakfast and lunch. For example:
Playing with Buzz Lightyear is always a big hit. Buzz flies all over the house, talks to Rex and Mr Potato Head, watches Soren play with Lightning McQueen, or take a nap in Lucas' bouncy chair - just like Lucas does. Buzz can also be a little annoying and not stand up on his feet - making a certain 2-year-old frustrated, which makes a certain mommy frustrated. Especially because I usually can't get him to stand on his feet either. He's almost as bad as a Barbie doll.
Soren play at preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Then I use the activities over and over again, if he liked them. I taught the letter P before Halloween. Soren and I made lots of paper pumpkins, painted pumpkins, read about pumpkins, cooked pumpkin cookies and just about pumpkin-ed ourselves out.
Then, its always fun to catch a free rid on a toy dump truck - or jump off of one, which is what he did right after this.
Its a lot of work coming up with things for him to do (besides trouble or tv).





Comments