Happy Wag-o-ween
Lucas' tail was my favorite part of his costume. Originally, I'd planned for him to be Mr. Potato Head. Then I never quite finished making it, lost the eyeballs I had made, and found this adorable puppy costume in my closet. Soren was too big for it on his first Halloween, so it was still brand new.
Soren was Buzz Light Year - and a pretty darn cute one. His Aunt Jana sent him the costume from Utah last month. He has been practicing for Halloween since we opened the package. Here he is the night before Halloween "helping" me make pumpkin cookies. I'm getting chewed out for taking his picture:
"HEY! DON"T!"
"Its to bright for me. Stop!" Scowl, scowl, scowl.
Much happier with his pumpkin full of candy on Halloween. One of our neighbors planned a neighborhood trunk or treat. It was great! She organized it on a cul-d-sac, so you didn't have to worry about traffic. Soren loved running around.
He told every person we talked to "Hey, I got an orange pumpkin with candy." Or "I'm Buzz Light Year." Or my personal favorite "I saw a real scary skeleton," referring to the teenager hiding in his trunk, wearing a blood red skeleton mask. The same teenager came trick-or-treating to our house later with all his monster and skeleton friends, inspiring nightmares to last Soren the next year.
Lucas took his first Halloween in stride, sleeping through most of the action. He woke up for the last couple minutes. Just long enough for me to show off his puppy cuteness to my neighbors and friends.
If you look closely, you'll see signs of binky suction on his cheeks.
After filling Soren's pumpkin, we went home to greet our own trick-or-treaters and watch Toy Story 3. Leo was punished for getting into the garbage with wearing his Franken-Leo costume.
Buzz, Frank and I answered the door a bazillion times, compared to the usual 2 or 3. Our neighbors (he's a D.J.) had set up a strobe light and laser lights in their house, attracting every car that drove by. I ran out of candy in 2 seconds, but my neighbors kindly re-filled my bowl for me. It was fun actually getting rid of candy and seeing all the kids costumes. Plus, the lights next door were pretty cool.
It was a fun halloween. Although, my toddler's candy-entitled attitude is getting a little old.








Comments