Post- Thanksgiving Vacation

We are on our first official family vacation! Despite a mini-blizzard blowing in as Scott opened the door to pack our car, it has been going great.

From today until Monday, we will be relaxing in Park City. Scott and I really tried to "sell" this trip to Soren, who can be vary weary of new people and places. I think we did a good job, because for the last couple days Soren has repeatedly said "I want to go too OOOOtah (Utah), Mom."

Other evidence that Soren likes this family vacation to OOootah:
- No complaining on the car ride down.
- Smiling at no one in the car with the most conent look, whiling holding his 'dubby' (Chocolate Milk), a bag of chips, and watching Frosty the Snowman.
- He has been crazy since we got to our Resort.
- He has introduced himself to everyone we've passed.
- He told Lucas that there are no Scary Guys here.
- He wanted to sleep in the resort's pack n play.
- Did I mention he was running around like a crazy boy?

It definitely helps that Park City looks like the most perfect Christmas Village at night. We pointed out all the Christmas trees and lights while driving through downtown.

Now we are settled down for the next couple days. Before falling asleep, Soren whispered quietly to Lucas, who lay in the pack 'n play next to him.

"Whatch you doin, Oocas?" he whispered. Lucas lay kicking and squealing.

"Shhhhh. Be quiet, Oocas!" Then as soon as Lucas would lay quiet, Soren would begin whispering to him about his bed and our vacation. Lucas would respond by smiling and coo-ing. To which Soren's response was to immediately shush him again.

Comments

Bree said…
Ohhh how fun!! I love Park City! Glad you guys could have a fun getaway and glad Soren was so excited about it!! Are you going to post pics?? We are moving at the end of the month so I'd love to get together before then-let me know! :)
Paul and Susan said…
I'm glad you were able to get away for a little vacation!

Most Read