Going... GOING...


 Going


Going!


GONE!

Lucas has a few new tricks. One is sitting, as seen above. He isn't quite steady yet, but loves to be up and looking around. He also LOVES to stand:

 What would mom's do without walkers and bouncers? Without them, I know I would have sunk into the couch holding Lucas up so he can jump and stand all day long.

 Thanks to my little walker, Lucas not only stands without me, but has plenty of entertainment - like watching Leo eat while I make dinner. Leo is still trying to figure that one out.


Rolling is another new trick.

Although, he has yet to figure out rolling to his right. He is an ambi-roller and will continue rolling left until he is stuck against the couch. He ran into that problem last night and then began slowly scooting backwards. Whoa! That took me by surprise.

Other than learning new tricks, Lucas is also fighting off a nasty cold. I took him into the doctor's office yesterday, expecting to leave with a prescription for eye drops to clear up his goopy eye. Instead, I learned he also has a little ear infection and too much congestion in his lungs. I left the pharmacy with the biggest bag ever - full of antibiotics for the ears, eye and a nebulizer for breathing treatments. For all that medicine, he is surprisingly happy - for a sick baby. I think teething causes him more discomfort than anything else.

The best news from our doctor's visit was his weigh-in numbers. Lucas is a whopping 17.3 lbs! No wonder his size 2 diapers keep leaking. He is growing fast.

Comments

Deanna said…
I love his cute little chin!
I'm still laughing from the going, going, gone photos! So cute!
Paul and Susan said…
He is learning to do all kinds of new stuff! It really is amazing how he is happy and smiling when he is so sick right now. I hope he gets better soon.
Bree said…
So cute! Love those pictures!

Most Read