Weekend trip to Jackson

 Soren, Scott and I before the opening reception of his exhibition "Invasion"

We had a great time in Jackson Hole, WY this weekend. Scott's exhibition opened in the Art Space Loft Gallery at the Art Association of Jackson Hole building on Friday. We met some incredibly kind people and were impressed by the facilities.

There were two other shows also participating in the opening, which brought in a lot of people. As far as openings go, it was awesome and successful. I'm so glad I could be there! My favorite part is always eavesdropping on people's response to Scott's work. Sadly, I was chasing around Soren most of the evening so didn't get to listen as much as I would have liked.

Yes, we brought our 2-year-old to the opening. And despite everything that could have gone wrong, it didn't. (Except for when he puked a little 5 minutes after we got there. But I think that was just because I squeezed him too hard. Nothing that a little soap and water couldn't fix). Soren was awesome and we got a lot of compliments on how well behaved he was. - Thank goodness he was having a good day, right? :)

I was able to play and distract him for most of the night until the last 40 minutes or so - when he was tired and just wanted his "dada." Scott was nice and carried him around while he visited with people. It gave me a chance to visit and rest my poor pregnant back and feet from hauling Soren all over the building. (I'm pretty amazed that I'm not in pain today. Not going to push my luck.) I also had a chance to take a couple snapshots of the exhibit:

The first thing you see when you enter the loft at the top of the stairs is the above image.


 Here is a shot of people mingling and checking out the work. There are 3 other walls I photographed, but didn't put on the blog. I think we have a video of the whole space if anyone is interested.

It was a great show and a very fun night. When all was said and done, we went back to our cozy hotel and crashed. Soren's favorite part of the room was the king-sized bed and tv with cartoons. He knows how to chill:


 Before driving back home this afternoon, we tried to go swimming and then walked around Jackson. I say "tried" because Soren wouldn't get in the pool. Me and my ugly maternity swim suit made a couple laps and then we left. I'm pretty glad nobody else was in the pool to witness that.


We tried to stop at another gallery we like, but I guess it has closed. Then we went to my favorite candy shop. We kind of went overboard and bought WAY too much candy. But who can resist picking out jelly belly's and taffy by flavor when given the option? And then they had fudge! Enough said.
For some reason, Soren hated the camera this morning. This was about the only picture I got of him.

Anyway, it was a great little weekend get-away. If you get a chance to stop by Jackson in the next month, stop by Scott's show.

Comments

Deanna said…
Awesome! Congrats to Scott. I love looking at all the art galleries in Jackson Hole. Would love to see his exhibit.
Glad thugs went good! I'm pretty excites to come over and check out that candy stash now!
Randy said…
Very cool Scott....congratulations! Wish we could have been there...
Lisa Brown said…
It sounds like it went so well! And it looks like you had a great time. How awesome!
Paul and Susan said…
I'm glad Scott had such a good showing of his works. I am glad you survived it all with Soren!

Most Read