Creature Comforts
![]() |
| My growing pile of Yo-yo's. Its an easy project I can do while watching my favorite tv shows. Still trying to figure out what to do with them all someday. |
![]() |
| Soren playing with his train. |
Which means I've been taking the time to enjoy life lately. Our home has felt so cozy and peaceful. Soren and I spend most of our days playing - either at friends houses or at home. He's got me driving trains all over the place, using plastic bowling pins as baseball bats, and running and tripping over imaginary touchdown lines with our Nerf footballs. And our favorite time of day is when daddy comes home. Its nice to just spend time together as a family.
It's fun, but also a little draining. And sometimes I just want to sit on the couch and watch someone else chase down balls with him.Which is why once he is in bed, all I want to do is sit and do one of the following:
- Watch as many girly tv shows and movies as I can (McLeod's daughters, Lie to me, Disney Channel movies, etc..)
- Read, Read, Read - but nothing too serious. (I've really gotten into fantasy and mysteries lately - the mystery I'm reading now takes place in Charleston. It is a ghost story that gives you fun shivers and is best to read before midnight).
- Make things - but nothing where I have to get off the couch and set up my sewing machine. Which is why I have a nice little pile of Yo-Yo's (top of this post). I can sit on the couch and watch tv AND make them. The best of both worlds.
- Eat really delicious food - like the lemon bars I made earlier. Making things has been a fun activity to do with Soren. Its win-win, because he gets to play on the kitchen counter with me and I get something delicious to feed my ever-hungry belly. Besides lemon bars, we also made Raspberry and Cottage cheese muffins - yum! My latest craving is Low-Country Boil. But I don't want to make it myself - I want to visit Savannah and have somebody make it for me.




Comments
And I have to admit, I have NO IDEA what a yoyo is :). I love all the fun fabric you used though :). Have you started one of your stitchery projects yet?
Soren is precious. I love to hear about his antics. I can't believe you are so close to number 2! Where did the time go? Life happens so fast. Thank goodness for blogs or else I would have no idea what you were up to!
http://www.bhg.com/crafts/sewing/accessories/easy-sewing-projects/?page=7
miss you! Happy Valentine's Day