20 week ultrasound

Scott, Soren and I saw the baby again yesterday during my official 20 week appointment. And yes, he is still a boy.

Soren is somehow starting to get this baby thing a little bit, which has surprised me because I haven't tried explaining it to him. I usually just point out all the mommies with their babies when we are out and about to get him used to the idea that mom's have babies.

But during the ultrasound, Soren pointed at the screen and said "Baby nigh nigh" - which is his way of saying a baby is asleep. Then later he pointed at my tummy and said the same thing. It was pretty darn cute.

We lucked out with our appointment. The technician was training someone, so she explained everything she saw. With Soren, the technician was kind of a grouch and only pointed out the main things - "It's a boy. He has both his hands, etc.." This technician spent about 30 minutes going over everything, then let the trainee have a go finding things for another 20 minutes. They printed a gazillion pictures for us and burnt most of them to a CD. Sadly, they didn't burn my favorite, so I'll have to scan it in. It is of the baby yawning with his hand curled next to his chin. 

I've had fun looking up baby names again. At first I was a little discouraged, because I couldn't find anything that I liked - except girl names. And since I'm not having a girl, those don't do me any good. Last night while watching the Duck's loose to Auburn, I searched babynames.com - starting with the letter z and working my way through l. My eyes were a little crossed by the time I stopped. 

I came across a couple that I like - Marek and Milo. Those are my two favorites right now, but I'm sure they will change.

Comments

Anonymous said…
ooooh, i like Milo! and how exciting to see soren's reaction. i can't believe you are halfway done now. :)
Jessica Marie said…
I'm so excited for you! Love the ultra sound photos. Those are some great names! Good luck on finding one you love!
Thats nice the tech explained everything for you. That baby is getting bigger! Cute that soren is starting to get the idea. He is going to be a BIG brother soon!
Katie said…
That is really fun that you got a lot of explanation. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
Tara said…
Love those names! I have a nephew named Merrick and he is a cutie.

Glad you got a good tech! With our second, we paid for the DVD and the tech forgot to push record ... lame-o!
so sweet! you guys are so lucky!
Katie said…
I love the profile picture... it makes it real. I can't believe you're this close to number 2! I remember when you put the first pictures up in keys hall and I found them. So exciting, Melissa, so exciting...
Britni Jean said…
i like the name milo too! brian and i are having a hard time agreeing on any names. so far the only one we can kind of agree on is parker. but we still have a few months to figure something out.
Paul and Susan said…
The ultra sound pictures always make it all seem more "real".
Olivia Jewell said…
Hey congrats guys--- That's really exciting. Soren is adorable and SO big, it's been a while since I checked in. And congrats to Scott, it looks like he's been super successful. That's so awesome to see his work.
Good luck with baby number 2.

Most Read