The Wheelers meet the Super Mario Brothers


Most babies were dressed as something cute and cuddly for Halloween. However, that doesn't work for us (or rather it doesn't work for me). I wanted us all to dress up, since I believe you are never too old for Halloween. Just like you're never too old for a birthday party or Santa Clause.

Pre-Soren, dressing up for Halloween involved 80's rock, wigs, and too much hairspray. Fun - but I'm over it. We did it for almost 5 years. Plus, I didn't really want to dress my baby as a mini rocker with a groupie mom. Scott didn't have a problem with it.
image from here.

I needed to be clever and convince him it was time for a new look. What else does he like besides 80s rock? A bunch of things... kiteboarding, photography, art, music,video games. I didn't see many options (that I liked) in most of those, other than video games. We debated between Zelda and Super Mario Brothers. Either way, I would get to be a princess (yes!! What girl still doesn't want to be a princess sometime?)

You can tell the final pick. How cute is my little Mario? He kept rubbing off his eye-liner mustache. Scott's mustache cracks me up. He reminds me of Uncle Ricko, from Napolean Dynamite. It was a lot of fun.


And when Soren isn't playing Mario with his parents, he is looking uber cute and ready to steal some hearts. And he has a secret... he just learned how to crawl this week! And today he waved at me for the first time.

Comments

Natalie said…
So creative, I love family-themed costumes!
Anonymous said…
Good Costumes!!! I'm going to consult with you for next year!
This comment has been removed by the author.
I LOVE IT! Good Idea! Soren looks so cute as Mario! All three of you look good in your costumes!
The Clifts said…
What a cute costume. I wish I was organized enough to make us all match. I guess my kids are just lucky they weren't all hobos. That is the last minute costume. :)
Deanna said…
Love it! I had wanted to do family themed costumes this year but, I got too lazy (I'll blame it on the pregnancy). You guys are too cute!
Meghan Stuart said…
Those costumes are too cute. I like those dapper pics in his blue hat as well : )
Lisa Brown said…
I love it!! He looks adorable, and you guys look great - and you are totally right about Uncle Ricco :).
Bree said…
You guys look great!! And Scott as Uncle Rico--hahahaha!! Love it! Those last couple pics of Soren are just TOO dang cute!
Jamie Anderson said…
I wish I could have seen those costumes in person. How Fun! Where did Soren get that adorable hat he is wearing in the last pics. Very cute. You guys are great!
Sunny Days said…
Brilliant! I love it!!
Restless Mama said…
Best family photo EVER!
Lindsay said…
You had the best costumes at the ward party!
Heather said…
What a good lookcing guy you have there! I love the mario idea. Which you would have posted about it before so we could have stollen it!
Jana said…
You guys look great. The kids loved it!
Paul and Susan said…
Every time I look at little Mario with his mustache I just smile and then I laugh out loud. He makes the best Mario. I love the mustache. You did great coming up with a theme for everyone in the family. I liked the extra pictures of Soren at the end. You will have to take a picture of him in each outfit I give you AND post them so I get to see lot's of Soren pictures. I am addicted to them. (Its always great to see you and Scott too.)
Allison said…
Oh my gosh he's a cute baby! You better have ten of those cause he is adorable! Thanks for stopping by the sewing blog, I see your comments there I promise! I just never get back to them all! So when I go fabric shopping I used to only buy 1/4 yards, you can do a lot with only a 1/4 yard and usually I only use the fabric in one or two quilts. Now I buy 1/2 yards because I fly through it and its nice to have enough for bindings or backings. If its cheap and cute and I think I'll use it as a backing I'll buy a yard. But I probably only have 5 full yard cuts in my whole stash cause I'm cheap! Its amazing how much of a stash you can collect by only buying 1/4 yards. There is a really cute quilt shop in Rigby that is pretty new, my aunts and friends rave about it and I know the owner Amy. Its in an old house and I'm not even sure what its called...but look it up cause its fabulous and she carries all the new cute stuff! Ok talk to you later and thanks for saying hi! -Allison

Most Read