Soren meets Cali, part 1

Soren playing at the airport. He just started shrieking like a banche (for fun)
and a few people moved away from us. At least he wasn't crying!

This post is long overdue. While Scott spent a couple weeks working in Acadia, Maine, Soren and I flew to California for a visit with his grandparents and my cousins...about 3 months ago!

Above is Soren waiting for our flight. I was so nervous about how he would do, but he was great. He slept the entire flight and woke up right as we were landing. I shoved a sippy cup of apple juice in his mouth and he never complained. He did the same thing for the flight home. I am counting my blessings!Soren and Grace - is she his second cousin or once removed?

We spent the first couple days with Debbie and Marshall - my aunt and uncle. It is always so fun to visit them. They are so welcoming and I always feel right at home... or maybe I make myself at home? Hope they don't mind that!

My cousin Tyler took a day off work and he and his wife took us to Half Moon Bay for the day. Ahhhh - the beach! Even when it is cold, I still love it.
The old hotel's foundation.

Soren and I on the beach. He just wanted to eat his hat the entire time.

Ambyr took me to a great antique shop. I love this chalk board and would
like it to hang on my kitchen wall.


My cousin Tyler and his son Luke. Brave boys, even getting their feet wet.


Soren finally enjoying the beach.


And you can't have a good time without blowing a few raspberries. THanks for the fun times, Nielsens! We are excited to see you again in December.

Comments

It was fun too look at these pictures! Soren looks adorable at the airport!!
Steph's Joys said…
Melissa you look so beautiful in the pic with you and soren! I love it.
Jessica Marie said…
Those are amazing pictures! He's so stinking cute! :)
Lisa Brown said…
Oh, I miss the beach - even the cold Pacific beach :). We are just too far away here.
Bree said…
Bet you wish you were back in Cali now...away from the snow!! ;) That last pic of Soren cracked me up!!! SO cute!
Paul and Susan said…
It was fun to see pictures from your trip to California. I could look at a hundred pictures of Soren and not get tired of seeing him.

Most Read