How to write your senator
Dear friends,
family,
and anonymous readers,
family,
and anonymous readers,
I try not to make my blog a political forum, because I know you would rather hear about my crazy dog, awesome husband and sweet baby.
However, I'm also not very good about keeping my mouth shut - especially when it comes to that sweet baby's future. And so...
I strongly oppose government-run health care.
I believe that health care and insurance in our country have major MAJOR issues, but the government's proposal to fund us all is unnecessary, illogical and detrimental to our freedom and liberty. I have done my research - so be prepared for a response if you disagree with me.Where to learn more about the issues involved:
One of my favorite sources for understanding healthcare issues in our country is an investigative news report by This American Life, from Chicago Public Radio. Start with this episode and then move onto this one. I have great respect for the quality of This American Life, hosted by Ira Glass.Another letter...
Now to the point - if you've read my blog before, you know I send emails and write letters to people when I want a problem addressed (i.e. - Craigo's for removing bread sticks from their menu, President Obama for his stance on health care, Barbara Streisand for saying stupid things, etc..)
...This time to my government reps.
I finally wrote to my senators and congressman. They have the same opinion about government funded healthcare as I do, so I just voiced my support for their stance. If you live in an area with senators and congressmen who AGREE with Obama's healthcare plan, it is even more critical for you to contact them. Even if you doubt they'll listen, it is still our duty to make representatives know the wishes of the people they are supposed to serve.
Here is how to contact them:
1. Go to these websites (Senators here and Congressmen here) and enter your zip code.
2. Once on your Senator or Congressman's site, look for the "issues" section. Then find their opinion under "healthcare reform" to discover their stance.
3. When dictating your letter or email, be sure to concede to their biggest argument then launch into why they shouldn't support the proposed reform. Or, if you agree then tell them you support it.
A call to action
I don't think it ends after the letter/email is sent. I think we need to be more vocal with our peers - especially if you are around my age or younger. Too much faulty logic is out there right now. Please share the links to writing congressmen with as many as you can (blogs are great resources).And one final note to end on - I don't want to alienate any of my dear friends or anonymous readers who disagree with me. Feel free to leave a comment about why you do support government funded healthcare reform. I'd be happy to talk more about my opinion.
That's all.

Comments
The pumpkin patch is called UPick. It's in I.F. right behind the zoo. upickredbarn.com. Can't wait to see how your costumes turned out!! Ohh, and congrats to Soren on crawling!! YAY!!