Oct. 08- Savannah at night
I was in mourning my last 2 months in Savannah. Not for a person, but for a place.
I already knew how much I would miss living there. There would be no more walking Leo down historic streets. No more adventures with the college. No more crashing at Colleens or visits with other great friends like the Wellers, Brannens, Hopkins, Morrisseys, Browns, Katie, etc... No more fun visiting teaching with Kirsten. No more gallery hops or parties in Starland. No more beach. No more grilled shrimp from Rennick and Lauren and staying up most the night at their parties. Oh, what a sad day!
Just for fun, I looked in my picture folder to see if I had any images from last year. These photos of Savannah at night are what I found from Oct. 5, 2008.

I remember the walk when Scott took them - it was my last night walk before flying to Seattle. One of our favorite things to do was walk around the city at night with Leo. It was so beautiful and calm. (Just ignore the scattering cockroaches and cross the street when you see suspicious characters ahead/behind you). Before moving, I begged Scott to bring his camera and photograph a few of my favorite night time views.
I already knew how much I would miss living there. There would be no more walking Leo down historic streets. No more adventures with the college. No more crashing at Colleens or visits with other great friends like the Wellers, Brannens, Hopkins, Morrisseys, Browns, Katie, etc... No more fun visiting teaching with Kirsten. No more gallery hops or parties in Starland. No more beach. No more grilled shrimp from Rennick and Lauren and staying up most the night at their parties. Oh, what a sad day!
Just for fun, I looked in my picture folder to see if I had any images from last year. These photos of Savannah at night are what I found from Oct. 5, 2008.
I remember the walk when Scott took them - it was my last night walk before flying to Seattle. One of our favorite things to do was walk around the city at night with Leo. It was so beautiful and calm. (Just ignore the scattering cockroaches and cross the street when you see suspicious characters ahead/behind you). Before moving, I begged Scott to bring his camera and photograph a few of my favorite night time views.
I love Savannah. But would it be the same if we ever moved back? Probably not.
However, I am content with where we are now... for the moment. I might change my mind in a few months with 15 inches of snow on the ground. Yet there is something cozy about my new home. I love being near my sister and back in my college town. And it is fun to make a few new friends.
Now back to Rexburg. Here's a few things that have been going on:
1. Baked away stress today. Thanks goodness Soren took an extra long nap so I could make pizza dough and wheat bread, all while trying not to think what I would do if Leo got sick and we couldn't pay the vet bill. He ate part of a diaper last night when we were gone and was having a really rough time this morning. But the vet's technician assures me it is all fiber and will be okay, since he didn't eat the plastic. I was still upset, because it could have been worse. We have had too many little disasters with him lately, all over stupid things that I leave out.
2. New family rule - Shut the bathroom door. No more digging in the garbage for Leo!
3. Soren is waking me up every 2 hours (and has been for the last month). The dr. assures me it is a phase related to separation anxiety and all the big milestones he is working on (crawling, standing, etc..) Still, I would like a little more sleep.
4. Soren is getting closer to being a toddler. Yesterday he pulled himself up to a standing position on my leg. He also began scooting backwards. It is very exciting and also makes me realize how much baby proofing I need to do.
5. We got a head start on our Halloween costumes - normally we wait until a few days before and thrift stores are limited that late. We are going to be the Super Mario brothers - or Scott and Soren will be. Scott will be Luigi, Soren will be Mario (because he is little and round), and I will be the Princess. I even bought the perfect pink dress at D.I. last night. All we need now are overalls for Scott and a hat for Soren. Otherwise, we are ready for Halloween.
6. PS - it is really cold here! We've already had snow and are expecting more tonight. As long as it melts quickly, I will not protest.

Comments
Hang in there lady. Soren will get back to his sleeping schedule.
Sending you lots of hugs!
xoxo
p.s. I finally met the "new Scott + Melissa" (aka Daniel + Ellen) I fed them southern style here last week. They are adorable.