The Marathon
Picture from St. George Marathon website. I'll try to share some of my dad's picturesof the marathon later, which are better because they have Nicole in them.
I spent last week with my family. First, my parents came to Rexburg for a few days. Then we all drove to St. George to cheer my sister in her first marathon. Nicole has run a bunch of half marathons, which has always amazed me since the most I've ever run is 3 miles (once). Now she has blown us all away by running 26.2 miles for the St. George Marathon.
A couple weeks ago, Soren and I cheered her as she crossed the finish line for the Temple to Temple Relay in Rexburg. Most of the teams consisted of 4-8 people. Nicole's team had 2 - her and her friend Ashley. She ran 18 miles, which was the farthest she had run to that date. She's amazing!
And after that, she still wanted to run in a Marathon! The funny thing is, I think she felt better after running 26.2 miles than after running 18. After she crossed the finish line, she was so happy and had the energy of a 2 mile run. I've got to get my hands on one of the pictures to show you. It even inspired me to want to try and run 3 miles again. (no - never a marathon).
We sure had fun cheering her for the 10 seconds we saw her run. I thought I'd be bored waiting for her, but it is actually thrilling to watch a marathon. There are so many emotions you witness as people, who have trained for months, cross the finish line. I'm looking forward to her next race.

Also on our St. George vacation, I finished reading Pride and Prejudice for the first time since I was 15. I've watched the BBC movie a bunch, but hadn't re-read the book. While I love the movies, the book is still far superior. Thoroughly enjoyed it and read it too fast, because I finished it before the drive back to Idaho. Not wanting to be book-less for 8 hours in the car, my dad and I stopped by a used bookstore and I grabbed a Victoria Holt. You just can't go wrong with Victoria Holt and I recommend you try her out if you like mysterious with a dash of romance.
Well... Scott needs the computer so I better go. I'll post pictures from my St. George trip and my California trip soon.

Comments
I'm almost ready to send you your letter, but I still need your new address! (it's ok, b/c I've seriously procrastinated on this letter, sorry!)
I also love reading Pride and Prejudice, and need to do it again :). And I haven't thought of Victoria Holt in forever - so fun! I borrowed like ten of her books from my sister and read them during the course of a summer during my breaks at work. Great memories :).
I read that book a looooooooooong time ago! I should consider reading it again! :)
And Pride and Prejudice is the best book ever written - I try to read it at least once a year. I'll have to try Victoria Holt. I must admit I've never heard of her, but now I'm intrigued, so thanks for the suggestion!