Ten things I'm Thankful for today

I am so thankful for my family! Here is a picture of us in Millbrae, Calif. in 2006

Thanksgiving is next week! I can't hardly believe it is that time of year, with the weather still so warm. I bought a bag of little pumpkins last week to get me in the mood. So with that as a table display and my mulled cider candle burning, I'd like to express some gratitude.

I'm thankful that...

1. Scott's finals are over today.

2. I am healthy and strong (well, kinda strong)

3. I still have a vivid imaginations (I was always afraid I would loose it when I grew up)

4. I am able to keep in touch with friends who live thousands of miles away

5. I have positive relationships with members of my family

6. I have a testimony of Jesus Christ and how that has affected my life

7. I have the ability to work and provide for my little family

8. I can read and write

9. I am not scared of dogs anymore, because Leo is pretty great

10. my husband loves me.

And just for fun, here is a picture of my mom's side of the family at their first family reunion in 1979 (I wasn't born unti '83)

And then here we are - much bigger - at our last reunion in Millbrae in 2006.

Families are so special! I am so grateful for mine! And if I had a picture of all my dad's side of the family, I would share that, too.

Comments

Lisa Brown said…
I love being with family too. It is really hard to hear about them all getting together all the way across the country, and knowing I won't be there. I love the old family reunion pic.

PS. I was wrong the other night - you have Eclipse. Like I said, I really should write down who has what books :).
Sarah Jane said…
Those pictures are GREAT!!!! I am so glad that youposeted them! How I love your family! My family too I guess:) I am so glad I married into the Wright Clan. Great post melissa. Got me thinking...and PS: you look so cute in that scarf you made! Love it!
Cassandra said…
Beautiful family Melissa!
Bree said…
I'm thankful for YOU!!! :)
We really are so blessed, aren't we! Last night I took Elder Eyring's challenge to record the blessings of the day...it was so neat to recognize all the little things that had happened to make my day go so well. God loves us!
Melissa! I got your blog address from Bree. CRAZY! You and Scott are so hip jive to the max!! True artists! It looks like you two are having a lot of fun!!!!! I linked you to my blog..yeah blog buddies!
Heather said…
It's so much fun to get on and see the Cleaver clan (and Wright clan) in some fun group shots. Your grandfather gave me my patriarchal blessing. Your family is just cool. Love those Cleavers!
staci baker said…
Melissa! This is Staci from the good ol' days at BYU-Idaho in none other than Dorm 4! I found you from Bree's blog! It's good to catch up with you and see what you and Scott are up to! So Georgia, huh? Awesome! Those were great things to be thankful for, by the way. Anyway, I just started a blog a little bit ago. You can catch up with us there. More later...

Most Read