Sisters 2

Nicole and me on Tybee Island.

My sister came to visit last week and we had a really nice time. Sadly, I had to work during the week - but we made up for that on my lunch breaks and after work. I was worried she would get bored, but when I was gone she found plenty to do at the beach or playing with Leo.

Her first night we all went to the beach together. Scott did his thing - kiteboarding, and Nicole and I walked along the water and talked. We had a good time catching up.

Dinnertime!

The next night after work we made the best dinner - spinach salad and grilled pork tenderloins. You should know that I was very proud of this dinner. I am proud of any dinner that requires me to utilize my tiny kitchen space in preparing multiple dishes with multiple ingredients. And you w0uld feel that way too in this apartment! We all ate too much and forfeited our plans to walk down to City Market and River Street for gelato. Yet, we still managed to squeeze in some homemade ice cream from our new ice cream maker! Have access to a 20-minute ice cream maker is NOT a good thing...

Leo staring longingly at the pork.

This picture of Leo cracks me up - he wanted our pork SO bad. That dog will do anything for food. He'll also do anything for some lovin'. Nicole and he became the best of friends, which I was very happy to see as I want everyone to love my dog as much as I do. I woke up every morning to see Leo burrowing his little face under Nicole's chin.

Scott, me and Nicole at breakfast Saturday morning.

The next day we met up with my friend Kiersten and her sister who has visiting from Nevada, for breakfast at J Christopher's - my new fav breakfast place in Savannah. Oddly enough, five out of six of us attended BYU-Idaho (Kiersten was the one who hadn't). Afterwards, Nicole and I went window shopping downtown. Then we spent the rest of the day enjoying air conditioning in my apartment, until it was time for our Haunted Hearse Tour! Yes, that's right - a ghost tour in a hearse.

Nicole and I in front of our hearse.

Scott and I have been wanting to do this for a while. We see the old hearse's drive around Savannah every night, always packed with tourists looking for a scare. According to the tour company, all the vehicles operated for 15 years before touring. Ooo!

Nicole and I riding in the hearse.

We heard all sorts of creepy tales - like why Spanish moss grows everywhere in Savannah, except in one square downtown. We saw homes where Jack-the-Ripper like murders took place a hundred years ago and are supposedly still haunted to this day. They took us out to the old cemetery and told us more scary stories. My favorite part was driving through the square I live on and hearing stories about a house in our neighborhood and about the square itself. Although I've lived hear for one year now, and have never experienced any "cold spots" or "hauntings." I haven't even seen the little ghost boy who supposedly haunts our square.

Too quickly, Nicole had to return home. While she was here, I enjoyed coming home from work and hanging out with her - something I never appreciated before. Maybe someday we'll live near each other again... if not the same town or state, at least the same side of the country.




Comments

Jessica Marie said…
I love the photos! Your sister is so beautiful! I love the picture of you two! You both look so much alike! I'm glad you got the chance to spend time with your sis! I'm still visiting Jamie until next Sunday. Take care!
Lisa Brown said…
What a great time!! It makes me miss my sisters! I have always wondered about the ghost tours, but I don't know if Kevin would "let" me go - I scare way too easy :).
Bree said…
I'm glad you had so much fun with Nicole! You did so many fun things--I want to come visit!!

Most Read