Leo update
This is a happy, happy dog. Who couldn't love that cute face?Would you believe that I used to be a cat person? I still like cats - but wouldn't trade my Leo in for a litter of kittens. And here is something else about me - I used to be terrified of dogs. An absolute scaredy-pants around the cutest chihuahuas and beagles. I blame it on a near-death experience with my cousin's ferocious cockerspaniel "Sugar." For some reason, my cute little four-year-old self stuck my chubby index finger into her face. Sugar nipped at it - "ferociously" attcking me. I ran home (across the yard) frightened and crying, afraid to ever be within walking distance of a dog again. My finger had no mark or scratch - by I was "scarred" emotionally. It tooke me years to realize that my four-year-old mind was a little off. Of course Sugar nipped me - she thought I was giving her a snack!
So years later, I am back on track to liking dogs again.
Which leads me to our fun time last night. Scott scouted out a fenced in baseball field where we could let Leo run around free and unleashed. He loved it! Although was a little surprised at how much further he had to run to catch a frisbee or a ball.


He is amazingly fast - it gives me a fit of giggles everytime I watch him book it for any moving object - squirrel, bird or frisbee. If you look at the picture of him running, notice that not one of his paws are on the ground - like he's flying. And he is so graceful about it. Scott took some pictures of me running and I look like a complete dork - "like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons" according to Scott. (that's why those pictures aren't on here).
So we had a great time playing, but then needed a little break. So we did some of the above for a little bit. Until someone got bored...
And decided it would be much more fun to pilfer and beg for treats, which I was the keeper of.
Anyway, we had a good time. Here are several reasons why Leo is the best dog ever:1.) The way he nuzzles his muzzle to get closer to you when he cuddles
2.) For wagging his tail and making me feel like the coolest person every time I come home (even if my absence was just two seconds to get the mail)
3.) Because wearing him out every day has got me back to my pre-college weight
4.) For following me all over the house and thinking everything I do is exciting
5.) He knows when its time to sleep and cuddle (most of the time)
6.) The way he prances about with bouncy ears
7.) He's always a topic of conversation and has led to a couple friendships (meaning we would be social outcasts in Savannah if we didn't have a dog)
*** Disclaimer: Sometimes he still drives me crazy, but he is getting better - the good is outweighing the annoying. ***

Comments