Entertainment this weekend...

This weekend was great and I topped it off with a nice, long nap on Sunday. It felt above 100F outside, so there was no way Scott and I were about to leave the aparment, except for the necessary drive to church and walking Leo.

And now for your entertainment - here is a list of amusing insults from a few famous people you may have heard of. I'm not talking about biting comments from celebrities like Lindsey Lohan and Paris Hilton, this is from "when insults had class" so read on...

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."
Mark Twain

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play, bring a friend... if you have one."
George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second... if there is one."
Winston Churchill, in response

"I feel so miserable without you, it's almost like having you here."
Stephen Bishop

And now for my personal favorite ...

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it."
Groucho Marx

Ha ha! Aren't those great? I think I might steal that Groucho Marx line. And I also wanted to share a commercial I saw this weekend - it is so cute and captured my imagination. I love the concept and music.


Comments

Anonymous said…
I love the Winston CHurchill one. I wish I could come up with witty stuff like that.
Lisa Brown said…
Where are the days when people could use wit instead of crude language? Isn't it sad how "dumbed down" everything seems to have become. Even the Bible has been "translated" into versions using common speech to make it more "understandable," when all those people have done is made it common. I miss the old days some times :).

Most Read