Leo's graduation
Yes, it actually happened - Leo graduated from Carol's Pampered Pets Obedience training. We have the pictures and certificate to prove it. Is he perfectly trained? No way! But we now communicate better and are on the way to coexisting peacefully.
Leo knows good things happened when he sits.
And even better things happen when he lays down.
So now whenever I having any food he wants, he immediately sits or lays.
Here is our nice, well behaved dog waiting for the prized pig ear after accepting his graduation certificate. He earned 194/200 on his exam - Way to go, Leo! (By the way, the picture I chose not to post is of him jumping up on the instructor, trying to grab the pig ear out of her hand as she is handing me the certificate of completion. Bad timing, Leo!)
Now that we all know the basics - since training dogs is new for Scott and I, too - we can teach him more cool tricks. We're thinking about getting him involved in lure coursing when he is a bit older, since he loves to run.


Comments
I've caught up on all of 2007. I will do the rest here soon.
I am jealous of all the fun stuff you and Scott do. Call me, when I am back, and we should double date or something sometime.
And yes, congrats to Leo for the graduation. :)