Fictional dinner party

I joined/founded an online book club and we communicate through a blog so friends from all over can participate. It's fairly new, so we are still figuring out how to run it. This morning I was checking out another book club for more ideas - grand forks anarchist book club - and they had a fun question I've been thinking about all morning:

If you were hosting a dinner party and could invite 5 writers and 5 fiction characters, who would be invited?

Alright, I'll tell you my answers if you promise to leave a comment telling me yours....

5 writers
1. Daphne Du Maurier
2. Alexandre Dumas
3. Samuel Clements
4. Stephanie Kallos
5. Cornelia Funke

5 fiction characters
1. Captain Jack Aubrey
2. Elphaba
3. Elizabeth Bennet - a must at any imaginary dinner party.
4. Albus Dumbledore
5. ??? (I'm not sure how to round out this party)

Oh - and check out my book club and let me know if you'd like join.

Comments

scott said…
Could I come to the party too? I'd love to pick Dumbledore's brain.
Anonymous said…
Since I don't have a blog right now, I'll post it here:
5 Writers-
1) JK Rowling
2) Jane Austen
3) Alexander Dumas
4) Laura Ingalls Wilder
5) JRR Tolkien

5 Fictional Characters-
1) Peregrin Took-for laughs
2) Severus Snape-good discussion for right vs wrong
3) Elizabeth Bennet-needs no explaination
4) Fitzwilliam Darcy-HELLO, he's hot, and would make good conversation.
5) Edward Cullen-Again, hot and can read people's minds, I would love to watch his facial reactions to peopl and try to figure out what he hears others thinking.

I know it didn't ask for explainations but I felt they deserved them.
Anonymous said…
I think this would be a cool book club post as well, since we all like to read, supposedly. :)
Melissa said…
Good point Catherine - I'll put it up there, too.
Tony and Stef said…
I've been searching Abu Dhabi for a book club and haven't been able to find one. Now that I'm a Domestic Goddess (lol) I have so much more time to catch up on my reading! Could you give me more info on your online one? If I can get the books here I'd love to join in!

Thanks again Melissa!
lindsey said…
I love the book Rebecca...so I was so happy to see that you'd added Daphne Du Maurier to your list!

Most Read