One down: #5 Coin Quilt
Alright, I finished my first neglected project.
This is project #5, the coin quilt I started a while ago using scraps from my Grandma Cleaver's fabric collection. I love all the old prints in this. Before I started the quilt, I was trying to figure out how to use them. There wasn't enough of each for much. This quilt design seemed just right, showing off the little windows.
I've spent the last couple days hand-stitching the binding. It was pretty slow going, since I don't hand sew very often. And because I don't have a thimble, or any finger protection, I have a nice little blister on my pointer finger - to wear with pride, right?
These are a few of my favorite fabrics in the quilt.
I accidentally cut the giraffes the wrong way, but oh well. They are still so cute.
I love the reds and blues.
Alright, well that is project #5 from my list. Now successfully crossed off. I am going to use it as a lap blanket on my gliding rocker. Its just one of those little projects that makes me happy.
Now I have to decide which project to tackle next.
This is project #5, the coin quilt I started a while ago using scraps from my Grandma Cleaver's fabric collection. I love all the old prints in this. Before I started the quilt, I was trying to figure out how to use them. There wasn't enough of each for much. This quilt design seemed just right, showing off the little windows.
I've spent the last couple days hand-stitching the binding. It was pretty slow going, since I don't hand sew very often. And because I don't have a thimble, or any finger protection, I have a nice little blister on my pointer finger - to wear with pride, right?
These are a few of my favorite fabrics in the quilt.
I accidentally cut the giraffes the wrong way, but oh well. They are still so cute.
I love the reds and blues.
Alright, well that is project #5 from my list. Now successfully crossed off. I am going to use it as a lap blanket on my gliding rocker. Its just one of those little projects that makes me happy.
Now I have to decide which project to tackle next.







Comments