Weekly Highs and Lows


Highs:
  • Soren started sleeping in until 7:30 with the time change. Isn't it funny how the definition of "sleeping in" changes with children?
  • My friend Lindsay surprised us with a delicious soup and homemade rolls for lunch yesterday. It was perfect timing, since my cupboards are bare.
  • I discovered that I actually have enough balance and flexibility to do Yoga - something I've always doubted I could handle. Alright, I'll admit I not only went to a beginners class, but it is taught by a 7-month-pregnant instructor.
  • Sunshine and 50F almost all week! Soren, Leo and I have been taking daily walks. I finally have freedom again!
  • 99 cent dipped cones at Dairy Queen.
  • No more snow in my yard.
Lows:
  • It has taken me all week to get caught up on my dishes. Oh wait, it wasn't me who actually finished the job. Thanks to Scott, they are finally done (I guess Scott helping should be on the "highs" list).
  • Leo hurt his foot while playing outside this week. He wants to run and play so bad, but anytime he puts too much weight on it, he yelps. He's had this happen before and I think it is linked to him dislocating a toe on the same paw when he was a puppy. We've been giving him some pain killer and limiting his outdoor time to walking instead of playing. The poor dog is just as ready for spring as we are. He just wants to run and I can't let him - so there has been a lot of whining by the door on sunny afternoons.
  • Soren is extra whinny. He's at that stage where he gets frustrated trying to communicate with me, resulting in extra tantrums and whinning. I'm trying to teach him a few signs, but it has been a slow process.
Overall, I guess I had a pretty good week. The sunshine and snow melting has made a huge difference.

Comments

lindsey said…
It was great seeing you guys today!! That Soren is SO cute! :)
Paul and Susan said…
Life is crazy with it's ups and downs.
Deanna said…
I really hope Azure didn't have much to do with Leo's hurt foot.
We had great success with watching the signing time DVDs. We checked them out from the library. Somehow they catch on better when they watch the actual DVD. It's still a great language tool for Azure even though she talks up a storm now. She can do over 400 signs!

Most Read