Soren at 14-months
Soren is a busy boy - learning how to walk and talk and all. He is also growing like crazy again. In the last two weeks he has gained 1 lb, weighing in at just over 25 lbs. He is also growing teeth like crazy. Every time he opens his mouth, I spy a new molar. He is at such a fun stage right now - although I'm pretty sure I say that for every stage. It also helps that he is sleeping through the night again. Here are a few things he is doing.
Soren says:
- "nah nah" for "no no." He repeats it after I do and even shakes his head. He usually does what I tell him not to and then says "nah nah," but I think he is starting to get it. For example - no feeding the dog your food. So he says "nah nah," shakes his head and then drops the chicken to begging Leo. I try not to smile.
- "dag dag" for "yucky." I tell him eating dog food or random stuff on the floor is yucky and he holds it out and says "dag dag" or something like that. Sometimes, he'll give it to me and other times he takes it away.
- "ma ma" for me and "da da" for Scott. He doesn't call us a lot - probably because he doesn't have to - be he will do it. My favorite thing is to ask him to say "ma ma." Every time he'll look up at me, grin, and say "DA DA!" Ha ha ha! I can't help but laugh thinking about it.
Soren's tricks:
- Petting the dog. Actually, its more like slapping the dog - but we are working on it. Leo is so patient and tolerant. At least we've got over the poking phase, which I'm pretty sure Leo couldn't stand. I don't blame him - I wouldn't want someone jabbing my ribs and spine.
- Throwing, rolling, bouncing balls. He loves to play with balls! We've taken him to my brother's basketball games and Soren is mesmorized by watching the ball bounce all over the court.
- Clapping, waving, pointing. He's been doing all three of those for a little bit, but just this week he will do them when you ask. I think he knows what it is now. When i say to wave goodbye, he opens and closes both hands. Its so cute!
- Backing off the couch. He loves to play on the cough, but for the longest time he would try and dive off head first. Finally, he knows to turn around and scoot off. He doesn't always remember, so I'll sit next to him and remind him when he looks like he wants to move to the ground.
Soren's favorite foods:
- Grapes, edamame, toast with strawberry jam, apples, applesauce, ritz crackers, cheese, juice, pears, steak, peas, macaroni, etc...
Soren's favorite toys:
- Balls, anything that's not a toy (outlets, nail clippers, dishes, pots, my wallet, cell phone, etc...), books, balloons, blocks, stuffed animals.
Soren's favorite books:
-"My favorite Things," "Tails," "Touch and Feel Ponies," "Touch and Feel Farm Animals," "Prudence the Pretty Piglet," " Farm Animal Sounds," "Thomas' Good Morning Engines," "Little Froggies"
Soren says:
- "nah nah" for "no no." He repeats it after I do and even shakes his head. He usually does what I tell him not to and then says "nah nah," but I think he is starting to get it. For example - no feeding the dog your food. So he says "nah nah," shakes his head and then drops the chicken to begging Leo. I try not to smile.
- "dag dag" for "yucky." I tell him eating dog food or random stuff on the floor is yucky and he holds it out and says "dag dag" or something like that. Sometimes, he'll give it to me and other times he takes it away.
- "ma ma" for me and "da da" for Scott. He doesn't call us a lot - probably because he doesn't have to - be he will do it. My favorite thing is to ask him to say "ma ma." Every time he'll look up at me, grin, and say "DA DA!" Ha ha ha! I can't help but laugh thinking about it.
Soren's tricks:
- Petting the dog. Actually, its more like slapping the dog - but we are working on it. Leo is so patient and tolerant. At least we've got over the poking phase, which I'm pretty sure Leo couldn't stand. I don't blame him - I wouldn't want someone jabbing my ribs and spine.
- Throwing, rolling, bouncing balls. He loves to play with balls! We've taken him to my brother's basketball games and Soren is mesmorized by watching the ball bounce all over the court.
- Clapping, waving, pointing. He's been doing all three of those for a little bit, but just this week he will do them when you ask. I think he knows what it is now. When i say to wave goodbye, he opens and closes both hands. Its so cute!
- Backing off the couch. He loves to play on the cough, but for the longest time he would try and dive off head first. Finally, he knows to turn around and scoot off. He doesn't always remember, so I'll sit next to him and remind him when he looks like he wants to move to the ground.
Soren's favorite foods:
- Grapes, edamame, toast with strawberry jam, apples, applesauce, ritz crackers, cheese, juice, pears, steak, peas, macaroni, etc...
Soren's favorite toys:
- Balls, anything that's not a toy (outlets, nail clippers, dishes, pots, my wallet, cell phone, etc...), books, balloons, blocks, stuffed animals.
Soren's favorite books:
-"My favorite Things," "Tails," "Touch and Feel Ponies," "Touch and Feel Farm Animals," "Prudence the Pretty Piglet," " Farm Animal Sounds," "Thomas' Good Morning Engines," "Little Froggies"

Comments