Stillwater Mansion Tea Room

My mom, sister and I had so much fun visiting a local tea room in Idaho Falls. The Stillwater mansion is over 130 years old and the owner not only serves deliclious scones and other tea snacks, but is all about educating her guests on the Victorian era.

For example, you can't just throw your gloves on the table. Their position on the table communicates who you are, your marital status, if you would like to talk, etc. Who knew?

And remember the Boston Tea Party? I've always pictured the rioters tossing tea bags into the water. Not very intimidating. However, our Stillwater Mansion host showed us a tea brick - the real thing that was tossed into the sea. One brick can make 2,000 cups of tea. It was pretty awesome and I can't believe we didn't take a picture of it. Sorry.



But my favorite part of the whole experience was dressing up! Oh, I'm such a kid at heart. There was a whole room devoted to hats, scarves, shawls, gloves and other accessories. The owner encourages her guests to play dress up. Check out Nicole's blog, because she has more pictures.

Comments

Lisa Brown said…
What an awesome place!! I have got to do something like that sometime :). Dress up for adults - so cool!
Jamie Anderson said…
Yhis is in Idaho Falls? How did I not know about this!?
Anonymous said…
I love dress up and the Victorian era, I think a trip needs to be planned soley around this!
Jessica Marie said…
Looks like you ladies had a great time! :) I'm so glad you get to spend some girl time with your mom and your sister!
Bree said…
I'm having a flashback that maybe either you or your mom asked me for the # to this place after I posted about it?? I feel bad if that's true cuz I totally forgot! Glad you found it anyway!!! Looks like you had a fabulous time!!!

Most Read