back from the dead

I am recovering from the worst food poisoning EVER!

On Saturday, I woke up extremely nauseous and well... I'll leave out the rest of the details. But while I was spending so much time sick in the bathroom, I couldn't help but notice the irony that it was also Soren's 1st birthday. The last time I was sick was with morning sickness during my pregnancy. What an appropriate way to celebrate, right?

Bad went to worse and I couldn't keep water down for several hours. Then my blood pressure got scary low - my legs were a little numb and my arms tingly. I couldn't walk without help. Thank goodness my personal nurse - my aunt Debbie - came over for Soren's birthday. I was pretty close to being sent to a Care Center for an I.V. In hindsight, I probably should have just gone in.

Anyway, Scott left for home without Soren and I. He has to be back to teach and so we are going to fly home later this week.

Once we are home, I've got some major updating to do! There are lots of Christmas, vacation, and birthday pictures to be posted.

PS - The culprit, I believe, was Baja Fresh's salsa bar in Walnut Creek. Don't eat there!

Comments

Paul and Susan said…
Sorry Soren's first birthday had to be so memorable by you being so horribly sick. I hope you are on the road to recovery. I hope Soren gets over his cough too. Take care of yourselves!
Diana said…
BOO! I totally got food poisoning from Baja Fresh, not as bad as you (sounds terrible, glad it's over!) but still bad, I have sworn that place off forever. Spread the word!
Michelle Claire said…
Oh no! You poor thing!!! I'm sorry you had to spend Soren's birthday that way... I hope you are starting to feel better!
Bree said…
I am SOOOO sorry this happened-yuck! And all on Soren's 1st bday!! :( Glad you're feeling better, good luck sticking it to them! ;) And Happy Belated Birthday to Soren!
p.s. Call me when you're back!
Sunny Days said…
So I read this one really quick from work and entirely missed the very first line mentioning food poisoning ... and thus was convinced that this was a (creative?) way of telling us you found out you were pregnant again exactly on Soren's first birthday (until I got to the LAST line)!

What a nightmare! Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Most Read