July wrap-up
My posts for July are slim, but my photo folder is filled with unused pictures. So, before I move on into August, here is a quick summary of July with all those photos:
I got sucked into a few lifetime movies during Soren's naptime. And also became a big fan of the 2 hour, daily Reba marathons.
Soren had some downtime, too. He's learned how to lay back and chill when the sitting gets rough. Here he is, watching Star Trek with his dad.
We tried all sorts of new foods - bananas, prunes, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash. All very yummy. He now cries when he sees me pull out a can of formula or baby food, because he wants it immediately. No patience.
We went to Rexburg's 4th of July parade. I think we lasted maybe 20 minutes before buying cotton candy and walking home. And I think Soren was awake for the first five minutes. I guess parades are more for mobile kids.
I cut out fabric for my first post-pregnancy quilt. All that you see above are prints I collected at my grandma's house after she died last spring. Its fun, because I found prints she used in my quilt as well as in barbie clothes she gave me 20+ years ago. I'll be making a coin quilt with selections from the above fabric. My friend Allison has a great pattern.
Soren went on his first date - and with an older woman. Here they are, chilling at the water park. I think Soren would rather have been at home - not a happy camper. Not because of Ellie, but because of that bright sun and cold water.
Or at least be left alone to play with the ties on his hat - his favorite toy. Forget all those cute baby Einstein toys - nothing beat this 25 cent hat from D.I.We spent a fun-packed weekend in Payson, Utah for our neice's baptism. Almost all of Scott's family came out for the big event. Here we are, swimming in the hotel pool. Scott has the best family (after mine...)
We were able to take a four generation portrait. Soren and I did one with my Grandpa when he was two weeks old, but this was his first opportunity to meet Gram (his great-grandma).
There was lots of cuddle and play time at Scott's brother's house. We whipped out the "I Love my Grandpa" bib for this special occasion.
Then we were home again - where we did lots of other fun things. Like celebrating my birthday, learning how to pull my hair, getting shots, etc..






Comments
PS: Love the picture of you at the parade looking over your shoulder.
Soren is beautiful, just like you are!
PS-There is a sister's day, but I think it's more of a Hallmark Holiday. And in the talent show picture Nicole and I were doing dances with our friends, I danced to Akuna Matata from Lion King, and Nicole danced to Callin Baton Rouge by Garth Brooks. It was pretty cute, we have it on tape.
So glad you're all having a great summer.
xoxo