7 months

Soren and I did a little photoshoot one afternoon on my new duvet cover. It was my birthday present from Scott - we've been meaning to get one for a really long time.

Soren looks so cute when he plays on our bed - he looked cute when it was just boring and white, but the blue duvet really sets off his eyes.

Now that he is 7 (and a half) months old, things are really getting fun. We do a lot of screaming (excercising the vocal cords and not crying - although we still do a lot of that too), laughing, tickling, and grabbing (he grabs and heads towards his mouth, I grab and pull away from his mouth. And more than once, I've had a glass or glass bowl almost pulled off the kitchen counter by him when I am making his bottle).
There is also a lot of chewing going on. Soren grew his first two bottom teeth the weekend Scott was out of town - it was awful! But now there seems to be a respite from the teething. I have a friend who's boy who got his first tooth on his first flight - lets hope Soren doesn't repeat that tomorrow with a third and fouth.

I haven't found a food that Soren doesn't like to eat - he is happy with them all. He knows how to use a sippy cup (juice is good motivation) and is trying to take over the bottle. We cuddle and I'll start out holding it, then he'll take over and push my hands out of the way. I help him every now and then, when he is tired of holding it.

His favorite toys are all things that shouldn't be toys. Forget the cute little stuffed animals, teething rings, baby einstein singing dragon and sunshine, hard books, and plastic keys. He is all about the wooden and metal spoons, plastic hangers, empty oatmeal and formula containers, teaspoons, keyboard, cell phones, wipes container, diapers, remote control, etc... Basically, anything within reaching distance.

When he plays, I have to be careful how I react when he falls backwards from sitting. If I hurry over to quickly, he cries. If I smile and tickle him, he smiles and keeps playing.

About two weeks ago he rolled from his back to his stomach. I need to be more dilligent with tummy time so he can learn the other way - its hard because he doesn't like to lay down and play now that he knows how to sit.

Also, he has discovered his feet. He'll pull his socks off, suck his toes, pull on them, etc... If I put him down for a nap with socks on, I'll find them up by his head after he is asleep.

Other fun ways he's learning about his body - he holds his arms up for me to pick him up. He cries if he sees anyone else with a bottle. He sucks his lower lip in and then blows it out. He can put his own binky back in on a more regular basis. He can rub food off his face.

He is oh so ticklish - squeeze his fatty thighs, lightly press his collar bone, run your fingers up his stomach and chest. Or make him giggle by bouncing him on your knee, blowing in his face, making funny faces, dancing funny, etc...

Comments

Love the photos!
Natalie said…
He is so beautiful! It must be so fun learning all about him as he is getting older. I can't wait to meet him!
Paul and Susan said…
You did a nice job on the photos. I like the blue background. I like hearing about all the new things he is doing.
Lisa Brown said…
Oh, what a pretty duvet! I got a new one when we moved, and it just makes a bedroom feel so much nicer to have it pretty :). It sounds like he is growing up so fast. He is such a cutie - I love how chubby his face is. It reminds me of Derek :).

PS. With a baby that age, I would bring some baord books to read to him, toys to play with, plan on lots of cuddling time, and bring his pacifier for landing and take-off so his ears don't hurt. It is good he is isn't walking or crawling yet, as that is the hardest time to travel with them.
Restless Mama said…
Woo hoo for 7 months! He's just adorable Melissa, absolutely cheek pinchable.

Just so you know I switched the address to my blog. Hopefully it's saved under the profile I'm using now.

Hugs and love lady!
Nicole said…
WOW! Soren has the most beautiful bright blue eye! What a little cutie!
Bree said…
I say this everytime, but seriously, he is just SO cute!! Those blue eyes are to die for, he is such a sweetheart! Can't wait to see you guys in September!!
Jessica Marie said…
What a cutie! I can't believe how big he's getting! He's so adorable and I love his bright blue eyes! :)

Most Read